Poignant Irrelevance

Monday, July 10, 2006

the t-shirt trick

so this is my big week to get back on track. i'm actually feeling pressure, this week is a big mileage week. so far this sure isn't like last year. i can do it though. thanks for the good advice dudes.

at one of my weekend meet-ups, i chatted with 3 other marathoners-in-training. my bro's father in-law, bro in-law, and bro in-law's gf are all training for the TCM. within the 3: one first-timer, a fourth-timer, and one second-timer. they are all on track and feeling great! crap, i felt like such a slug next to them, particularly considering last week was such a training failure for me.

i guess everyone's training plans collide and criss-cross at different junctures though. i WILL catch up to them, at least with the way i feel. i'm determined!

t-shirt trick--
doesn't it seem like whenever a large group of people meet up, lots of food is involved? standard operating procedure. its up to us to make the right choices amidst the goodies.

enter: the t-shirt trick. as most guys do, i wear a white t-shirt underneath dress shirts and golf/polo shirts. one time, i accidentally shrunk a bunch of medium white t-shirts. THEN, i accidentally wore one to a large gathering (underneath a polo). guess what? i felt like absolute crap the whole time. i mistakenly thought i was wearing a really tight size large t-shirt. how could i have done this to myself over night? there is no way i'm eating any junk food today, i thought to myself. and i didn't!

i've tried it since, it works pretty well. heh. tough though because its hard to not feel like crap with a tight t-shirt on (for me anyway). use that tip with caution! ha ha.

3 Comments:

  • You are too funny. But I imagine it does work. When I wear my only-in-the-house-not-fit-for-public-viewing sweatpants I feel skinny and have no willpower ... put on my jeans ... not so skinny!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:03 AM  

  • Best of luck with your big mileage week. I'm sure you will do great.

    By Blogger April Anne, at 9:09 AM  

  • Wearing tight jeans - that always does the trick. It's like a girdle you wear on the outside.

    Why don't you go to that Tahiti 5K with me? Much easier than the marathon!

    By Blogger M@rla, at 4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home