Poignant Irrelevance

Thursday, July 06, 2006

clean room = clean eating?

tonight is the first night over the past 4+ weeks (beginning of official training) that i have felt extremely disappointed and guilty about not being able to follow the schedule. i have been making up miles along the way as best i could, which alleviates the guilt of not following the schedule EXACTLY, but more importantly, i actually get in the miles.

but i have not exercised once since sunday (which was a 4-miler in ND). tonight i had my running clothes on, found matching socks, tied my shoes, but then.....i got a phone call (not you shawn). it lasted well into the darkness and it wore me out, and then i wanted to make a few more important calls and now, i'm pooped and i have to go to bed in order to function normally at work tomorrow. some calls are just too important to say, "well i have to run now, i'll call you later".

oh well i guess. sometimes things happen? i didn't screw up like this last year though. it is doubtful that i will be able to make up the miles on friday or saturday because of other obligations. darn. i'm so bummed. lost miles are lost miles and you can't make them up. crap! i'm all thrown off.

on another quick note, i find that i eat the best when my apartment is clean and de-cluttered. sometimes when things are a mess, it seems easier to snack or something. maybe its just me though, who knows.

ok i have to go to bed. i'm so bummed dudes. i can't think of any positives except the fact that sometimes, life is actually more important than following a running schedule.

8 Comments:

  • YOU TOO?! I totally find myself snacking more when I have a clutter apartment. I just thought that was a strange quirk of mine. One more reason to keep a clean house, I guess.

    By Blogger lainb, at 12:05 AM  

  • yeah, whenever i want a fresh start i clean up. my apartment, ditch the junk food from the house, get my nails done, clean up my e-mail accounts. i just feel more on top of everything and in control. when things are really bad i dress up. whenever my college roommate or i had to stay up all night studying we would look damb good at the test the next morning. it just helped regain some feeling of control.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:27 AM  

  • I hear you! Between car trouble, a friend in the hospital, and 2 funerals this week, my schedule got turned upside down and I'm now trying to (carefully) make things up as best I can over the next few days. It's discouraging but we can only just move forward I'd say.

    By Blogger Lara, at 5:39 AM  

  • i am with you on the clean thing too! seriously, when the kitchen is spotless, i so feel like cutting up veges and making something nutritious. I sometimes wish that my home phone had a three k radius so that I could get my phone calls over while I walked - kill two birds with one stone so to speak! ( or a really cheap mobile plan!)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:00 PM  

  • Training schedules need to be flexible. You're not going to make every run. Successful training isn't about each week, but about all of the weeks combined. So get back on track as soon as you can, and you'll be fine. Good luck!

    By Blogger Nic, at 1:16 AM  

  • Life is always a compromise between what you want to do and what you have to do. Things just don't work out perfectly with no flaws, so you can't define success as being "100%" of something. That only happens in movies, or at the expense of every person around you. I think success is when you keep going after a setback.

    By Blogger M@rla, at 8:00 AM  

  • what nic said! listen to steverunner.com this week. he talks all about missed runs. life happens!

    By Blogger jeanne, at 2:05 PM  

  • Don't stress a few missed runs. It happens, and it won't make or break the training schedule. Just get back on track as soon as you can adn don't worry about it!

    I'm the same way in regard to things being picked up. I feel like I can think about anything else when my house is a mess and my whole life starts falling apart.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home