Poignant Irrelevance

Monday, June 12, 2006

quick! (and a face plant)

quick! i have to write this quick before she gets here! she knows i have a blog, which i may have to eventually disclose, but for now i'm holding out ("yes, i will show it to you...very soon. anyway, what were we talking about?"). so i have write this entry quick before she gets here. its not that i really want to "hide" it necessarily but i don't know, its sort of hard for me to let go of this somewhat anonymous outlet. whatever, i don't know what i'm trying to say. its kind of like my diary i guess? she doesn't bug me or pester me about it, but she does ask about it from time to time.

on saturday i ran 9.3 miles. i ran 9.3 miles!! average pace was right around 10:15-10:20, a nice 1 1/2 hour run. i felt pretty good for most of it. my knee did ache a bit however. also, my hip flexor bothered me for several hours after my long run. i ended up taking 1 or 2 motrin later in the day and i despise taking anything unless absolutely necessary.

we'll see... i feel fine today and i ran 20 miles last week. suhweeet. on the other hand, if i were to run a 5k race right now, i know for a fact that i could kiss my knee good bye for another couple of months.

mr. bill jank turned me onto the nikerunning.com training log tool (via a comment he left for somebody else). its pretty cool. here are my stats from last week:
---------------

---------------
i went back to the mountain biking trails on friday. i did a face plant! i broke my left shifter thingy and a small front reflector. pretty cool!

i got caught going too fast and a little log snuck up on me. i couldn't lift my front tire fast enough, or shift my weight fast enough. so i basically ran into the log and my front tire didn't move, while me and my back tire tumbled over the top.

nothing major though, no scratches on my face...i threw out my hands to catch myself and they happened to land in really soft dirt. lucky me!

here's a picture of the seemingly innocent little log (oh there are bigger ones, don't you worry):
--------

---------
here's a more open section of the trail (right after the offending log). imagine yourself at this point trying to peddle as fast as you can, peeling around the corners, trying to see whats next up ahead.

-----------
ok gotta go!!!!!!!!!!!!!
more later!!!!!!!!

8 Comments:

  • yeah...i still don't like to tell people about my blog. the more people who know the less you can write about...

    when people ask me about my hobbies i say something like, "Running, sports, movies, writing."

    People probably think I'm crafting novels or poetry when it's more like detailed descriptions of my bunion and complaints about walkers in my way on the jogging path...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:06 PM  

  • My husband is the only "real life" person that knows about my blog. I feel weird telling others about it, especially know that I've had it for almost 2.5 years.

    Glad you didn't hurt yourself with the face plant. Stuff like that is why I don't bike.

    By Blogger mg, at 8:57 PM  

  • Oh, a face plant! Hard core. That trail is so *awesome*. It makes my feet itch. In a good way. :)

    By Blogger Mia Goddess, at 9:32 PM  

  • i hear ya! we all know how I feel about blogs & anonymity. haha

    By Blogger lainb, at 11:44 PM  

  • btw- are you certain she doesn't have a blog of her own? :)

    By Blogger lainb, at 11:51 PM  

  • Its the pink that gives me away, even complete strangers know me and my blog...lol.

    Nice trail shots. I only run, not ride stuff like that.

    Heh, if you want another training log tool with lots of cool stuff, you should also check out breakingthetape.com. It was created by a fellow blogger, Jeff and its what puts the mileage on my sidebar. They've also added some new features and online signup now. Check it out

    By Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris, at 1:25 PM  

  • Stupid log! I am glad you didn't injure your gorgeous face.

    My method: keep blog secret. When you think you're writing to a specific person, it all falls apart. Although I know SOME PEOPLE who let all their significant others read their blogs. Not for me!

    By Blogger M@rla, at 4:37 PM  

  • Thanks for the plug!

    And there's not much like a face plant to keep you humble. Hope you turned around and cleared the log the next time...

    By Blogger Jank, at 1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home