Poignant Irrelevance

Monday, June 19, 2006

saturday i was feeling like crap (sluggish), so i moved my "long" run to sunday. schedule called for 6 but ended up doing 5.3 because i ran too much earlier in the week.

i felt like i was being shot out of a cannon. relatively speaking of course.
my splits were:
10:06
9:17
9:37
9:53
9:57
10:32 for last 0.338 of a mile.

i paid the price though, my knee hurt sunday night and so did my hip flexors. same old stuff that caused me to finally go to the doctor. i took a motrin on sunday night, then another one today, and tonight i took another 2. sucks!

maybe tomorrow i'll feel better. why can't i run and not feel pain? oh well, but sucks. my lungs and heart rate are progressing, they are ready to make a move. meanwhile my legs are all crappy i guess.

we'll see, i can only hope they will catch up.

switching topics a little....i picked up my bike after work tonight!! yeah!! they fixed the shifter for me (replaced it actually).

i went back to the trails and finished the intermediate loop in about 32 minutes without any major problems.
average HR: 153
max HR: 170
the amount of time it took my HR to reach 160: about 13 minutes.
my HR touched 170 at the 26th minute and then trailed off, finishing around 140.

my legs burned a bit, pretty good times i tell you.

i also had fun taking 3 spins around the easy loop after i finished with intermediate. each easy loop only took about 5 minutes and it was hard to stop after 3 laps. i just wanted to keep going and going and going. basically, the big intermediate loop finishes with the easy loop tacked on at the end, but if you want, you can just lap around the easy segment from the parking lot without going through the intermediate section. here are my 3 easy laps overlayed on top of each other.

even for the easy loop my HR was 142, 150, 144--mostly because it was elevated from intermediate though.

i think the easy one is kind of a good way to cool down.

i've been a little bummed lately and i'm pretty sure it has to do with my stupid knee. running isn't really fun when your legs are for crap, its just training. it has me pretty concerned about my summer running plans.

2 Comments:

  • I've lost track of what's going on with your knee... have you been to the doctor yet? (nag nag nag). I have two other friends with knee problems right now, and I'm getting confused about who's doing what.

    By Blogger M@rla, at 5:31 AM  

  • i'm bummed too right now. I think everyone I know is!! It must be going around. good job sticking to the run, sorry it hurts now.

    By Blogger jeanne, at 6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home