Poignant Irrelevance

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

tonight i ran outside! first run outside in quite some time. i was too mesmerized by the temp. readings on weather.com to notice the high winds. by the time i realized the wind situation, it was too late and i was nearly a mile into the run. very windy indeed. and we all know the best thing about a brutal headwind: after the turnaround, it pushes you all the way home.

ended up with 4.0 miles in 33:50 (8:27's); my fastest mile was a 7:59 which turned out to be my new record as of the day i started using my nike+ sport kit thing. it didn't feel like it so i'm a little suspicious, but if paula radcliffe wants to congratulate me on my new personal best, well then i will let her!

i'm up late because i started watching the departed on dvd. turns out i had to watch the whole thing. not bad, not bad.

and now i must iron as i have a really early day tomorrow. i don't forsee an update until possibly monday. until then, i bid adieu. may all of your long runs be long, and your fast runs be fast. may the wind push against your back, and all of your motivation bubble up inside of you unitl you cannot stand still any more. or something!

2 Comments:

  • ooH! i have an option to credit card point buy one of those nike sport kits? are they worth it or do you have to be super special fit to start with?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:01 AM  

  • Brent, I enjoyed reading your blog, and I'm glad for you that the weather cooperated so you could get out. I have the exact opposite problem in the summers in Houston. Our heat index is usually over 90 BEFORE THE SUN COMES UP, which most people can not fathom. If you get a chance, please visit my running web site, Faithful Soles. I have a categorized and searchable Running Blog Database on there and would appreciate it if you would link your blog to it. Thanks and I look forward to following up and reading more of your posts.

    By Blogger Faithful Soles, at 8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home