Poignant Irrelevance

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

last week i ran 5 days in a row for around 22 miles (pacing has been around 9:20ish). every single run was on the treadmill, however this does not mean i have become acclimated! i'm still adjusting. i miss the stimuli of outdoor running. i miss breathing in fresh air, scampering along uneven terrain, and knowing i cannot quit until i reach my destination.

but alas, i am still going to the gym to use the 'mill because its just too cold outside! it turns out, i might be a fair-weather winter runner. anything that "feels like" single digits or even low teens, and i just dread the thought of bundling up to brave the crystal cold air.

you have to do what works for you at a certain point.

my hip flexor continues to bother me after hard running on the 'mill. i even broke down and took 2 motrin over the weekend. mabye its something with my form on the 'mill, not sure.

i have been watching the diet fairly well over the past 2 weeks. we've been cooking more at home versus going out, so that is helping to keep the calorie count down. need to keep consistent.

i have been thinking more and more about trail running. i want to add more of that into my training, i think it will be fun. not sure how i will go about it yet.

i have also been thinking about 50-mile runs. maybe some day. i seem to be built for distance and not speed. hmmm. just floating around in my brain. maybe in a few years, who knows--if i had a "life" list with all kinds of things written down that i wanted to accomplish, a 50-mile run would be on the list.

i have lifted for the last 3 days. i'm sore. i groaned all day at the office. co-workers started to give me looks as if to say, seriously dude, shut up. but i'm sore man.

5 Comments:

  • know what u mean - i have just converted from the stationary bike to the outdoor model. Just not the same at all is it!?!

    mutual massages are devine for muscle soreness! : )

    i'm so naughty!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:21 AM  

  • I love the image of you "scampering."

    50 miles! Wow!

    By Blogger M@rla, at 6:42 AM  

  • well done on 5 days in a row ... especially on the treadmill.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:10 AM  

  • It's been really cold here, too, and I've been trying to find a track to do little intervals...but then I get to one, in the daylight, and my lungs turn to popsicles after two laps because of the frigid air. I'll try again after the thaw!

    It takes me about a month to run 50 miles, by the way.

    By Blogger Mia Goddess, at 9:02 AM  

  • 5 days on the treadmill - color me impressed

    By Blogger HouseRunner, at 11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home