Poignant Irrelevance

Monday, February 12, 2007

chicago

for the last week or so i've been wondering why i haven't been posting lately. i think i just got busy, but i also couldn't really think of anything interesting to say. still can't think of anything interesting but thought i'd post anyway.

this weekend i strapped on the HR monitor to analyze the exact effects of the sweatmaster (aka the stairmaster). i swear it feels like that thing is kicking my butt more than running.

here is the graph (40 minutes):
--------------------

--------------------
i really thought my HR would be higher. it sure feels like my heart is pounding out of my chest. I suppose that in the latter part of the climb when my HR is in the 160's, i would argue that is a bit higher than i would keep my HR for a steady long run though. hmmmm.

i usually max out at 40 minutes on that thing and then i quit. its hard on my knees.

tonight i took a 30 minute nap from 8 to 8:30pm, and then went to the gym. i spent 20 minutes on the stairmaster and then did a chest work out. my triceps are still so weak! dangit, they keep me from lifter heavier chest weights.

this weekend, after i returned from my stairmaster extravaganza, my gf said that i was stinky. well then! hehe. she has since joined a gym (but not the one i belong to), and she has been doing great with the workouts. we have been eating a lot healthier too.

in other news, i have learned how to brown extra lean turkey meat on the stove!

finally, this year its going to be chicago dudes. i really, really, will miss running TCM but this year (if all goes as planned), i will be running 26.2 in the windy city. my gf's bro and bro-in-law have also signed up. people will also be traveling to cheer us on and just have a good time in general. should be a good time!

well i guess i better not over do it. thats all for now dudes.

4 Comments:

  • you totally have to mix up the marathons you do. see what else is out there in the running world. i think it's a good choice.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:14 PM  

  • I'm doing Chicago too! You are gonna love it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:24 AM  

  • Tons of bloggers run Chicago so having all the company should be a blast!

    By Blogger Rae, at 8:26 AM  

  • ooh chicago sounds like a good choice - and i think i have to get myself onto a stair master - that looks like some serious fat burning happening!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home