Poignant Irrelevance

Monday, March 27, 2006

weekend run and my first massage

i planned on running about 8 or 9 miles on sunday.

one of my buddies (who is training for his first 10k) and i went down to the lakes on sunday afternoon. he had around 4 on his schedule if i remember correctly, but we somehow ended up doing 6.25 miles in about 59+. i did not feel so great, as i had not preparaed well at all for the weekend running. minimal water, minimal quality carbs, you know the deal. my buddy did great though, we had some pretty fast splits relatively speaking.

even given my mediocre performance (in terms of how i felt), i consider the run to be somewhat encouraging. here it is:

----------------------------------------------
just as we were finishing up, my girlfriend met us....she rollerbladed with me while i ran out the rest of my mileage.
run #2

-----------------------------------------------
i ended up with about 11 miles for the day. probably a little too much. i was pretty fatigued for the last 4-5 miles. i had to walk a couple of times. i never had any water during the runs, did not properly fuel beforehand, blah blah blah. i hadn't planned on tackling 11 or i would have done a better job with the prep.

gf was a sport though, encouraging me etc. she had it nice on those blades! i was happy to have here there with me though even if she wasn't running along with me.

My First Massage!

well i finally had my first ever massage. it was a gift from my gf or i probably would not have made the appointment. can you believe some people get totally naked for these things? i couldn't do it, i kept my boxers on.

the therapist stepped out of the room and instructed me to lay on the bed underneath the covers. she seemed comfortable with me being naked if that was my choice. isn't that weird? i could not do that job.

i started by laying on my back. she massaged my neck, shoulders, hands, fingers, back, legs. then i flipped over onto my stomach and she did the same thing except subtract hands, add feet and toes.

it was 50 minutes....and it was pretty relaxing! she said my shoulders and back were a little tight. my calves were also a bit sore from the run and she ripped into them pretty good.

it was pretty cool though, i will probably do it again some time.

tomorrow gf and i are flying out to the west coast for a little spring vacation. be back on sunday! i haven't even packed (yikes!).

4 Comments:

  • I LOVE massages! You should try a manicure, you'll be hooked!

    Have a great trip!

    By Blogger Rae, at 9:02 PM  

  • west coast as in Cali? have fun! (hope the rain clears out for you though...yuck!)

    By Blogger lainb, at 10:19 PM  

  • nice run! i love massages. i would get them all day long if possible. have fun on the other side!

    By Blogger jeanne, at 4:10 PM  

  • dang! i completely missed this. you should have dropped me a line, goofball!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home