Poignant Irrelevance

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

travel

hey guys. i just got back from a quick trip (1 night) to FL for biz. as soon as i got to the hotel i cruised down to the fitness room and put in 3 miles on the 'mill, and did some bench press. i didn't even unpack, i just hauled a** down to the fitness center.

after the workout, what do i do? order room service because i'm so hungry! BUT....it was supposed to be delivered in 30 minutes and after 45 minutes it still hadn't arrived. i quickly called and cancelled my order. whew, i was secretly relieved that i cancelled and saved all those calories. i actually wasn't even hungry by that time anyway.

i wore my new pair of shoes for the first time (that i bought on friday), sweet. another pair of brooks gylcerin 4's. they felt ok. i'd sort of like to buy a different shoe, but for the sole purpose of trying something different, not because these don't work on my feet. you know how it is, you have a fancy electronic gadget that works just fine but after a short time all you want to do is replace it for no good reason!

my hotel was: $405 with taxes and fees. holy crap! with my internet fee it was $415. yowza. wednesay i'm home but then i have to go the east coast for a couple days/1 night.

thats all for now! i have some more thoughts but maybe on wednesday. i gotta go see my girl, i miss her!

4 Comments:

  • "for the sole purpose..." Pun intended?? haha

    By Blogger lainb, at 10:22 PM  

  • In Boston last week, the staff made sure to tell me that my hotel room was normally $800/night, but that because I was staying with the conference, and because I am a card-carrying Marriott Rewards member, and because the rest of the hotel was booked, they upgraded me to the suite, but that I'd still only pay $115/night.

    Where the hell they come up with room rates is beyond me. It's a dirty, dirty business!

    By Blogger Nic, at 11:35 PM  

  • agreed about the room charges. It's my job to negotiate the conference rate, and damn is it hard. of course, i always get upgraded as the meeting planner, so who am i to complain

    By Blogger HouseRunner, at 5:30 PM  

  • um yeah, just travelled for 30+ hours and dropped the suitcase and put on sneakers for a run moments after arrival. look how hard core we are!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home