Poignant Irrelevance

Sunday, March 12, 2006

everything that happens in my life from now on is post-marathon #1

how do you stop defining events in your life as either 1) pre-marathon, or 2) post-marathon? i can't stop doing it.

i don't do it in the real world (do I?), but on this blog i can't stop myself from using it as the starting and ending point of my perspective.

so anyway, as crazy as it may sound, this week i ran the most ever miles since the marathon. really, i'll try to cut down on it i swear! but stay tuned for the week when i run the SECOND most miles since the marathon. ha ha! just kidding. i'll give it a rest.

so this week i ran 16.2 miles. kind of pathetic that its the biggest mileage week since october eh? i was able to complete my 3,3,3,6 plan on schedule though. woohoo!

saturday i ran with a buddy who is training for his first 10k. he had 3 on his schedule so i ran with him for his first 3 (3.2 miles in 34) and then i rested for about 1 minute 30 seconds and did another 3.1 in 30.

they were both good runs. i went too fast on the second leg but i couldn't keep my legs from turning over at a faster pace every once in a while.

this next week i will do 3,3,3,6 again.
---------------------------------------------------------
this is boring but i'm going to describe my weekend:

this weekend was the first weekend of my "not eating out for at least 3 weeks" plan.

Friday night---gf and i kept it low key; went to the grocery store and bought a frozen stir fry mix and came home and made it. watched tv and talked, and she did her taxes online while i sat next to her, cheering her on and helping when necessary. heh. pretty exciting night eh? we were both tired.

Saturday--ran 6+ miles w/buddy as described above. she worked on her masters paper while we ran. then gf and i cruised through an auto show (she knew i wanted to go--i went fast though! we did it in about an hour), took a nap, made turkey sandwiches at home for lunch. Sat night--ended up waiting for 1 hour and 20 minutes for a table at a restaurant we've been wanting to try. we also ended up bumping into a couple of her friends that had reservations nearby. i also bought some new flip flops for upcoming vacation. she said i can't wear any sandals that use velcro. hehe!

i had a blackened chicken sandwich with a few fries. the sandwich was so good. i had the second half of it just now for lunch. so much for not eating out.

now my new plan is to only go out to dinner ONCE per weekend at the most. i know i suck, but its fun.

Sunday--went grocery shopping. more later...

4 Comments:

  • I can't wait until you wear sandals with socks around her... You will have to tell us how she reacts to that!

    By Blogger Shawn, at 10:26 AM  

  • I do the same thing, everything is post or pre marathon. Soon you'll be referring to events as pre-gf and with-gf ... like choice of footwear. Excellent call on the no velcro, I like her!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:12 PM  

  • Marathons do that to a person!

    And if you make it an entire weekend without going out to eat, please let me know how you did it.

    Although, considering I'm not drinking much anymore, I think I'm going to let myself eat dinner out...

    By Blogger Nic, at 7:30 PM  

  • Kind of like how I refer to my life bk and ak, before kids and after. Looking forward to seeing how post-1st-marathon life will affect me this summer - thanks for the warning!

    By Blogger Downhillnut, at 6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home