Poignant Irrelevance

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

6 months later......

i picked it up this weekend! my marathon poster, framed. i like the way it turned out. i think there have been/are better designs for a marathon poster, but hey to me, this means a whole lot. i mean, this is the actual poster i carried around the day before i ran!
-----------------


..

and i'll be honest...as the days creep by and the weather gets warmer, i have visions of another marathon dancing in my head. i can't surpress it! i still don't think this is the year for #2 but i'm just saying....i find myself daydreaming about it.

my dream, a life goal of mine, is to run a 4 hour marathon. that for sure won't happen this summer (need to cut weight first!), but that being said, i dream about what it will be like to cross the line in 4 hours.

and that dream will be the next spark that i can carry with me during all of my runs from now on. first it was running 26.2 before turning 30 (a very very strong motivator...you can't turn back time) and now....4 hours. some day. some day soon.

7 Comments:

  • That's a great picture. I think we each need ways to remind us of our accomplishments.

    By Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris, at 10:17 PM  

  • I agree w/Dawn. So, when are you signing up for your next one?????? By the way, I will take you up on your offer and trade all my upcoming warm days for your cool days!!

    By Blogger D, at 1:14 PM  

  • Very cool poster! Who knows, you may end up doing #2 this year!

    By Blogger Rae, at 2:38 PM  

  • Sign up! Sign up! Sign up!

    Even if you aren't ready for one yet.

    You're never ready until AFTER you authorize that credit card transaction...

    By Blogger Nic, at 4:30 PM  

  • i have the same marathon goal as you :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:40 PM  

  • It took me 3 years between #1 and #2. Signed up for #3 three years after that, but had some back trouble and thought I was through. I actually ran #3 10 years after number 2, and #4 came four WEEKS later. #5 came 1.5 years later, and #6 will be this spring - BOSTON! I don't know when #7 will be.

    By Blogger Scooter, at 12:55 PM  

  • scooter's numbers confused me.

    you can pull it off, brent. i know you can.

    and that poster is awesome.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home