Poignant Irrelevance

Thursday, January 21, 2010

I was going to write something but then I forgot the topic. Couldn't have been that interesting.

I have a couple things shaking but can't discuss at this moment.

Hmm running: I feel like I might be starting to run again. I am being careful with that statement...I ran twice last week and once so far this week. We came out of our bitter cold spell so that makes it easier to venture out on the paths.

I haven't formalized any goals for 2010. I have my typical lose 25 pounds goal, but I don't feel like flushing out a bunch of others. Maybe I'll set some other goals in the Spring?

You want to know something that's weird? I ate the same way for about 2 weeks (1900 calories +/-) with no weight loss of note. Then one morning, feeling the same way I did over the previous 14 days, the scale said I lost 3.5 lbs. I'm not kidding you when I say I ate almost the same stuff for 14 days. Weird eh? My clothes are not fitting differently yet either. Maybe the scale is funky....I must have weighed myself 15 times over 2 days though.

The reason I bring up the weight thing is because I'm about 10 lbs lighter right now compared to 1-year ago (almost exactly). I lost that 10 during marathon training though. Usually I gain 10 in the winter and then lose 10 during marathon training. This is all very enlightening I'm sure!

1 Comments:

  • we hit plateaus with our bodies. then, one day, POW! something changes and we make a physical breakthrough. i think i remember reading about the time frame for them related to endurance training and another one for weight loss, but i can't remember any of the specifics. sounds like you might have hit that breaking point.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home