Poignant Irrelevance

Monday, December 07, 2009

First Infomercial Purchase

I got nudged over the weekend about the fact that it has been nearly a month since my last update. Wow. I hadn't noticed...I knew it had been a while but I didn't think it was that long ago.

Here's the main reason: chief on my mind as of late has been my job, my career, my goals, and how to get from A to B. Those are things I can't post about in the public domain. It sure would be nice to flush out those thoughts but I just can't.

And with no motivational running goal, I've been mired in the winter doldrums! Did it matter that November was the 2nd warmest on record? Not one bit, I had not motivation to go fit in miles. Burnout city baby. Signing up for a winter race or even a spring race doesn't do anything for me unless I can attach some meaning to it.

Ever heard of P9Ox? Its an infomercial that's on all the time, regarding people that get RIPPED IN 90 DAYS! ITS AMAZING!! ha ha. I have read about some 'real' people that have tried the program, and also heard stories from a few people in my real world.

I ordered it! Its a small investment, about $120 with shipping. I've completed about 3 workouts so far. Maybe I'll start posting about my experience? You get a ton of DVDs (workouts) and a diet guide.

I don't expect to get ripped at all but its providing good structure for my weight training. You know how you go to the gym and end up doing the same 4 exercises and then you go home?

Not all of the workouts have been big 'fat burners' for me but they are good strength workouts. Each session is about 50 minutes plus a 5 minute warmup and a 5 cooldown. Does anyone want to hear about my experience or is that too boring? Hmmm.

Not too much is new...we are busy with the holidays and so forth! Finally got my tv mounted, after owning a flat screen for about 18 months. Very exciting, for me anyway. Later dudes.

3 Comments:

  • I'm actually interested. I've been working through the Men's Health "Belly-Off" program; much the same rationale as you (time, becoming soft), and am somewhat pleased after a week.

    By Blogger Jank, at 8:45 PM  

  • i hear people talking about it all the time, but mostly on twitter. i trust your honest opinion, so i'd love to hear what you think.

    not that i'd ever buy the kit, but i like to be informed.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 4:07 PM  

  • I LOVE P90X! I would love to hear your thoughts.

    By Anonymous april anne, at 1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home