Poignant Irrelevance

Thursday, December 17, 2009

I woke up at 2AM with a sore back. I even took 2 motrin which is eventful because I take like 4 aspirin in a whole year. Crap, I must have performed an exercise from the shoulders/arms workout wrong.

Hopefully it'll recover by tonight.

It occurred to me during last night's workout that you're going to have to buy either a band, or some dumbbells for p90x. I've never used those bands, so I can't comment on their effectiveness. I have dumbbells at home; so far I've used 15s 20s 25s and 30s. For a couple exercises I've even used 10 lb plates since I don't have dumbbells that small. It is what it is!

I'm sure I've mentioned that the program comes with diet guidelines and menus. Would it surprise you if I said I haven't followed that part of the program yet? I'm sure nutrition is only a minor, insignificant part of the deal. HA! For a guy like me that should lose about 20 lbs, its probably the most important part. All in due time.

1 Comments:

  • I was able to get my diet under control for a solid 2 weeks recently (minus one night of Olive Garden take-out), and droped 5 lbs. Put down those bags of candy, and you'll be surprised I think.

    Tonight the wife grabbed a bag of chips while grocery shopping. I said to her, well if your getting one I want one too. Just before I grabbed mine, she said "If I put mine back, will you not get any either?" I said sure. That's called teamwork baby!

    By Blogger Shawn, at 5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home