Poignant Irrelevance

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Frustration

I'm feeling frustrated with my running. I've been dealing with nagging right glute/hamstring pain for 3+ weeks. The marathon is about 3 1/2 weeks away. Why can't I be feeling strong like I did in May and June? Very frustrating. I remember ripping off a 20-mile run at 8:30 pace and feeling super strong like I could go on forever.

Not only is it sore and uncomfortable while running, but it bugs me while walking around doing nothing.

I'm really struggling with how much to keep running to maintain my base vs. resting to see if the pain and soreness will go away.

I took both Monday and Tuesday off this week (so I had 3 days off in a row). Wednesday I ran an easy 10 and did not feel strong at all. Today I think I'll try for another easy 10 later this afternoon or early evening, but I know my leg is going to ache out there. I haven't been able to follow the schedule this week so that makes me feel even more crappy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home