Poignant Irrelevance

Sunday, August 30, 2009

I have a 25k race on Sept 13, and the marathon is on Oct 4. Does that give me enough time to recover from the 25k? Usually the 25k is more like a month before the marathon. Doh! I prefer not to run that race so close to the marathon.

Yesterday I was supposed to go 18 miles but ended up with 19 because my route was a little longer than expected. It went pretty welll; the first half pace was about 8:42 and second half was around 8:22, with mile 19 in 7:52. Not too bad. It felt like a medium effort level.

The only bad thing during the run was a sharp pain in my right hip area. Weird. It has been bothering me for a couple weeks, probably due to the higher mileage I've been putting in. Previously the pain was more of a soreness, but during mile 19 it became more acute. We'll see how that goes!

All things aside, I do feel good about where my fitness is at during this training cycle. Frankly I wish I could taper right now and run the marathon sooner rather than later.

August was a record breaking month in terms of mileage. I'll wait until tomorrow to report back on the specifics, just in case I decide not to take an extra day off.

Later dudes! And if anyone has thoughts about the 25k recovery, please please let me know.
PS Jeff, very funny suggestion in that last post ha ha ;)

2 Comments:

  • In light of everything, I think you should take it easy on the 25k and not go for a fast time. Treat it like a normal recovery training run.

    By Blogger Shawn, at 8:50 PM  

  • 'tis 3 weeks from 25K to marathon. 25K's not much further than a half marathon. I think y'ought to go ahead and blow out the stops. But, I'm a terrible judge for stuff like this.

    By Blogger Jank, at 9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home