Poignant Irrelevance

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

i held my housewarming party over this past weekend. about 35 people were able to make it, but i would say about 80% of the guests all arrived within the same 20-minute window. whew! i had envisioned everyone arriving evenly throughout the night, so when almost everybody showed up at the same time it was a little tricky. i felt like i was constantly giving tours! fun times.

overall i think it went well though. there were some people that i regretted not being able to talk to as much as i would have liked, but i guess that happens sometimes.

i think i should have a mystery blogger party. everyone that reads or has read my blog, come on over and lets all meet in person at my house! that would be weird, but oddly enough it does sound like a fun idea. impossible to make a reality, but it does sound fun eh? if you are creepy though please stay home. ha ha.
-------------
in the past chad has mentioned his rolling 7-day mileage stats. i never really could make much sense out of my weekly mileage when looking at the longer term charts (and trust me, i've analyzed my mileage every which way). well today i took the time to plot out my rolling 7-day average going back to may '07, and i did find it to be pretty useful way of looking at the data.

its easier to see the trends, as they are smoothed out a bit. i can see the mileage build, and the pull back weeks, build higher, taper, race, etc. i can also see the giant crater following chicago. i have been building up the mileage a little bit but not too much-- time to get back on the horse. i took 4 days off, mostly to prepare and stress out about the party, but now i'm back to it. ran 7 tonight--it was pretty tough because i ate so crappy this weekend also.

3 Comments:

  • such a good host giving tours. hopefully you like your new neighbors.

    By Blogger lainb, at 5:49 PM  

  • I'm glad it went well.

    Have you found your sisters giant Christmas gift yet?

    By Blogger April Anne, at 8:57 PM  

  • Parties are so fun! I love having them but I do always feel like I miss out getting to mingle and hang with everyone when it's at my own house.

    By Blogger Rae, at 8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home