Poignant Irrelevance

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

i just finished 10 miles in the snow; it took 1:44 (10:19), avg HR 135. had to be at least 5 fresh inches on the ground. i used some little spikes my sister gave me a long time ago; they worked awesome. i will post more on that later.

following my run, i shoveled for 30 minutes and now my back is killing me. then i took out the recycling and garbage. i'm so domestic now. ha.

i'm simply beat after the run and shoveling. i'm going to go to bed early and read some more of my book. i better not have to shovel again tomorrow morning!

what i most wanted to mention was that last saturday i ran my first ever race with my mom, sister, and gf (all together). it was fun times!!!!! frigid, but fun times.




















they had a costume contest; this dude was the best in my opinion.



















here is my first ever tree. its a real tree. it has some character (in other words its not exactly a perfectly shaped tree). but its my first tree!

3 Comments:

  • hi! this guy must be near you b/c he had the same cow picture from the race...

    http://iwannagetphysical.blogspot.com/

    happy snow running!

    By Blogger Audrey, at 10:12 PM  

  • I love the crunchiness of snow! And I think it's so funny that you got a Charlie Brown tree...it's perfect in its imperfections.

    By Blogger Mia Goddess, at 10:02 PM  

  • Snow??? That's nuts! It's going to be 70 here today! I love the tree, it's the imperfections you'll always remember! The house is looking great! =)

    By Blogger Rae, at 7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home