Poignant Irrelevance

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

news!? almost?

i can't believe i'm getting a cold. who gets sick at the onset of spring? i can't remember the last time this happened to me.

anway, i ran 4 miles outside tonight. i believe in was in the 50's so that was nice, and the rain had stopped.

tomorrow morning i will be tagging along with an inspector as he inspects the house that i have agreed to purchase (pending this inspection). can you believe it???!!! crazy. it does not seem real.

i'm very excited and very nervous/scared all at the same time. me? owning and taking care of a house? huh? but i'm excited because the neighborhood seems awesome and this was only the second house that "felt" like home right when i walked in the door. (the other house sold very quickly last year and was above my price range.)

hopefully i can post some pictures soon. lets see how the inspection goes! meanwhile i have been working on calling some more financing people to get some competing rates etc. and my list of "to do's" seems a mile long. i have had some sleepless nights recently! should be a bit hectic around here for a while. the time feels right. let's see how everything goes!

5 Comments:

  • Yay!!! Good luck at the inspection!! I'll keep my fingers crossed.

    And don't forget everything is negotiable in financing world! Make them give you all those dumb fees they try to tack onto closing for free. And make the seller pay for a home warranty!! It seriously pays off and gives you such peace of mind!! And enjoy it! It's so much fun!!!!

    By Blogger Rae, at 6:03 AM  

  • Yay!! closing on my house was a day that changed my life... good luck!

    oohh... and make them take money off if the roof isn't perfect!

    By Blogger HouseRunner, at 7:40 AM  

  • It's the weirdest thing, signing those papers that say you're committing to that monthly payment until...2037! But once you get over the shock (I honestly hadn't even thought of my marriage in those terms! "Forever" seemed shorter, in some ways!) it's a great thing to own your house. Awww, baby's all grows up now!

    By Blogger Mia Goddess, at 8:54 AM  

  • I didn't see where you were looking. Will we still be neighbors?

    By Blogger Chad, at 11:51 AM  

  • keepin' my fingers crossed for you, brent!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home