Poignant Irrelevance

Thursday, March 22, 2007

gritting it

why didn't anyone tell me the home inspection is kind of freaky? heh heh. i think the fact that my sudafed wore off during the middle of it only compounded the situation. it's probably worse for a first time home buyer eh? turn this knob in the spring, flip this switch, make sure to clean that out, add a thingy over there, HUH????

all of the major things seem to be in good order so thats good. there are a few wrinkles however, most of which i hope to get ironed out tomorrow. there is one medium-sized wrinkle which has caused much consternation.

i haven't received the full copy from the inspector, he is supposed to post it online (with his digital pictures and analysis) later tonight or tomorrow morning. i'm hoping the wrinkles will get ironed out, then i can hopefully move on to the next phase. we shall see.

i grinded out a very hard 2.9 miles tonight. average pace: 9:30 or so. i had no energy. my throat hurt like heck. i did everthing i could to maintain an upright position. i was having trouble gaging how far or near the traffic was at the intersections. i think i might be sick? i played it safe and waited until there was absolutely no traffic in sight at each crossing.


what i've consumed today:
-decaff coffee w/skim milk
-180 calories worth of soup
-banana
-some wheat crackers, with fiber, which make me poo
-a lean cuisine frozen meal

i think i better go lie down.

4 Comments:

  • Sorry to hear about the wrinkles and the bad health. Guess we'll plan for another weekend. :-)

    I got outside for a run tonight, awesome 60 degree weather. If your curious where I'm at: 7.85m, 8:25 ave pace, 171 ave hr.

    Also got something very interesting to tell you about my run later....

    By Blogger Shawn, at 7:59 PM  

  • Wow, I know I haven't visited for a bit but buying a house. That's big news. Good luck with it. I remember buying my first so many years ago. Nice not to be paying rent.

    By Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris, at 8:48 PM  

  • So exciting about the house! I can't wait for pictures. There is a lot to it, but there are lots of good resources on the web and in the library, home maintenance stuff. I highly recommend buying a calendar for your house-related stuff and filling out the year's activities so you don't lose track.

    I sometimes have a real problem with tree pollen, and it can make me feel sick or completely, systemically POISONED. Just, absolutely awful, including muscle irritation. Maybe that's what's bugging you.

    By Blogger M@rla, at 6:17 AM  

  • Ha! The inspection is so stressful!Once you get past closing it's so much more fun! Can't wait to see pics!

    By Blogger Rae, at 12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home