Poignant Irrelevance

Monday, May 15, 2006

knee tester

i had to go to the gym tonight. i couldn't sit around without giving it one more shot.

i did the elliptical for 10 minutes but it was pretty boring. not one of my favorites. i pumped and pumped my legs and the HR barely budged.

i moved to the stair stepper for 20 minutes. i think i tweaked my knee a couple of times doing that. oh well, i had to give it a shot. i also think i'm starting to favor my right leg (the good knee'd leg).

i'm a little bummed, what can i say. i will lose my fitness level for a while...but i guess i have to get the knee figured out. the worst part is that i can't even walk around or sit without discomfort so its a 24-hour reminder of the fact that i cannot run.

diet was ok today. breakfast was 1/4 cup egg beaters, grande decaff sf nf latte; lunch was a medium salad with chicken, cheese crumbles, bacon bits; dinner was a sbd wrap sandwich kit and another medium salad. snacks: sf jello, pistachios, 1 string cheese. and i had 1 dark chocolate dove candy bar at my desk which was about 220 calories. oops. i'll take it for now, its actually an improvement. if i ate this exactly same thing everyday for a month i'd probably lose at least 5 pounds.

i'm currently icing the knee and i already threw down a motrin just in case.

last night i had an itch to put together a CD with etta james, frank sinatra, dean martin, and nat kind cole. etta james' voice just kills me, its so ridiculous. its so smooth.
at the moment, these are my favorite etta songs in order:
1. these foolish things (remind me of you)
2. a sunday kind of love
3. at last

i better get some sleep. tomorrow i get to see the girl, haven't seen her for about 4 days!

6 Comments:

  • I love Etta James, and Sunday Kind of Love is one of my favorites. This is just further proof that you are going after the wrong woman - you and I belong together. You can't deny it!

    Sorry about the knee. It's better to check it out now, no good will come from waiting.

    By Blogger M@rla, at 6:11 AM  

  • i'm sorry the knee is being stuborn. that's awful. yeah, for me, i can't elliptical when my knee is hurting. and i have no idea about stair stepping.

    anyway, i hope the doc has something enlightening to share. keep us posted.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:52 AM  

  • Brent, I got your email, but didn't get a chance to reply and now I don't have your address at work.

    Here's a little known service that I like to mention. The Institute for Athletic Medicine offers FREE injury screenings.

    Call them up, make an appt and they'll check you out and give you some advice. Here's the info from their website;

    Free Injury Screening
    An injured athlete can schedule a free injury screening at any of our 23 IAM clinics. A sports physical therapist or athletic trainer will evaluate the injury and recommend a course of treatment. Call 612-672-7100 to schedule an appointment.

    By Blogger Chad, at 7:53 AM  

  • hope the knee feels better.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:02 AM  

  • Well, four days without your girl explains the mix!

    And since *I* am bummed by the knee, I can only imagine how you must feel. It's time, go see a professional and get this taken care of. Sorry, it's the mom in me talking!

    By Blogger Mia Goddess, at 8:52 AM  

  • I empathize about the knee, as I'm struggling with my ankle. I smiled at the music ...you are so in love!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home