Poignant Irrelevance

Monday, April 10, 2006

the worst thing about starting a new diet plan is...

made it to the grocery store.
finished filing my taxes.
did not make any sbd meals with purchased groceries.
one step at a time i guess.

here is the receipt:


..

it took me around 45 minutes. it was a beautiful night here, a seasonably warm 75+, therefore the produce isles were very empty. very good, as i was able to benefit from taking a lot of time to sprawl out and read all of the produce labels before making a choice. seems like we miss out so much buy purchasing a quick-fix frozen meal all the time. why am i so lazy with cooking? i suppose there are only so many hours in a day and you need to make a choice on what to do.

...one of the worst things about starting a new diet (or way of life?) for me is that i tend to eat extra treats and snacks leading up to the "start". it is stupid. i can't really explain it-- it is not logical in any way whatsoever.

i don't want any more treats or the consequences of eating those treats, so i eat a bunch of treats before not eating any treats? genius! pure genius.

4 Comments:

  • I do that too! The worst part is that I'm usually starting a new diet once or twice a week so there can be alot of those snack-binge, pre-diet days.

    By Blogger Lara, at 7:00 AM  

  • The mind games we play w/ourselves!
    Thanks for your note!!

    By Blogger D, at 8:11 AM  

  • Dude - where's your VIP super-saver supermarket club discount card savings?? I swear I save like $40 per grocery visit with that stupid card!

    By Blogger lainb, at 10:34 AM  

  • I thought I was the only one who declares, "Well, this is the last day I can have the _________, so I'd better eat it!"

    Good on you with those veggies!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home