Poignant Irrelevance

Sunday, April 09, 2006

weekend

what is up dudes. i did not plan well enough to allow time to go to the grocery store this weekend. totally my fault. if i get off of work at a reasonable time (say, before 8pm), i will go tomorrow night no matter what. i did spend a decent amount of time studying week #1 meals and snacks (referring to the SBD here) and i have my shopping list all ready to go. i think i have 40 or 50 things on my list. totally sucks! pretty expensive. we'll see how i do.

here is what my list looks like:


.

i will not be following the plan EXACTLY but i will only be eating things on the "approved" list and crap like that. eg i don't like the ricotta deserts so i will have sf gelatin w/sf whip cream (maybe 10 total calories?), stuff like that.
---
tonight, in keeping with my poor time management skills this weekend, i ran 5.5 miles. i should have done more like 7-8 miles. i quit as it got dark.
splits were:

9:10
9:13
9:36 (stoplight)
9:18
9:14
8:09 for last half mile.

i did not look at my splits until the run was over. i find it so interesting that you can make your body run consistent miles without even knowing how fast you are going. interesting! i had no goal for splits except to run slow...i felt like i was doing 9:45 to 10:00 splits. hmmm. i still think my polar needs to be re-calibrated.

---

i can't find one of my Form 1099's-----BOOOOOO.

6 Comments:

  • "egg thingies" ??

    By Blogger lainb, at 10:37 PM  

  • That list would put most bachelors to shame. So unlike the cart I saw behind me the other day - 2 kraft dinner, 2 large frz pizza, 6 fr tv dinners and 2 2litre coke. Oh yeah, a pkg of hot dogs and buns. Your list is awesome!

    By Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris, at 10:39 PM  

  • Good luck, Man. You can do it. I think I like those damn ricotta desserts a bit TOO much...

    By Blogger Nic, at 11:47 PM  

  • asparagussss!

    asparagus makes me giggle. i love food that provides interesting chemical reactions.

    good to see that you're working the proper fuel, brent. keep it up!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 12:31 AM  

  • I will be interested to see how you do with SB - hope it works well for you. I'm also tired of all the recommendations to eat salmon and blueberries and turkey breast: um, yeah, I'd love to! Not at $12.99 a pound for the pink fishies, though.

    And me also: "egg thingies"?

    By Blogger M@rla, at 4:57 PM  

  • Don't they have grocery delivery in your neck of the woods? Here, I can order in the morning from the comfort of my desk here at work and have it all delivered the very next morning. Only a $10 per order service charge, too, so it's perfect when I'm short on time.

    By Blogger Denise, at 7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home