Poignant Irrelevance

Saturday, April 15, 2006

BREAD PLEASE!!!!

i've never really had a craving for bread before but for the last 2 days all i've wanted is a nice soft roll with some butter please. the kind at n00dles inc. would be perfect. please let me have just one roll, ok? ha.

things having being going pretty good so far. i can tell i have been running on a calorie deficit so thats good.

once again, going cold turkey on the snacks, sweets, and caffeine has somehow given me more energy. its weird because as you develop the habit of snacking and munching, you don't realize the effects a mediocre to poor diet can have on you throughout the day/night. snacking becomes a part of the routine and you never think about THAT as a cause of why you might be feeling lethargic (it must be because i had a long day at work or because i haven't had 3 cups of coffee yet).

yesterday both gf and i had the day off. we went to the driving range, went to play tennis, and then went running/roller blading. a full day! we didn't own tennis rackets so we went to target and spend $13 bucks each for a racket. they work fine if you ask me, especially when you don't really know what you are doing.

for the run portion, i did 3.0 miles in 25:53 (8:46, 8:24, 8:35). too fast but i knew i wasn't going to have time to fit the long run in (my fault), so i ran faster. my knee hurt, i hope it doesn't become a recurring problem. it has been a little funky lately.

my legs are sore today from tennis; the inside portion of my thigh and hamstrings just a bit, if you want specifics. i think when you play tennis and then become sore, you are officially an old man. i sprinted after every ball and ran around the court as much as i could, fetching loose balls. still, i should not be sore from that. my body is not used to running full speed, stopping, restarting full speed again though.

happy easter everybody. more frequent posts on tap next week.

4 Comments:

  • Great job on running and tennis!! I say you're sore because you worked out some different muscles and that's a great thing! If you weren't sore then you probably didn't push yourself hard enough.

    Treat yourself to a roll! Then you'll forget all about it!

    By Blogger Rae, at 12:35 PM  

  • Happy Easter Brent. Tennis is fun, almost as *fun* as running. :)

    By Blogger April Anne, at 5:13 PM  

  • Happy belated Easter, I know I'm way behind on reading the blogs, sorry! For me tennis is a good workout - I play really bad, so expend a lot of energy chasing tennis balls ;-)

    By Blogger Jack, at 1:45 AM  

  • Mmmm, butter and rolls - I indulged on Easter, and cratered again tonight.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home