Poignant Irrelevance

Thursday, October 13, 2005

wednesday i, without prior knowledge, received a bunk lid for my sbux coffee. didn't realize it right away. i was drinking coffee, feeling good about the start of a new day. and then,
*dribble* *dribble* *dribble*
noo!! right in the center of me shirt. it was a nice shirt too. by mid-morning it started to look like spaghetti sauce. i hid at my desk all day.


then today (thursday), sbux forgot to make my latte! i stood there for several minutes with a sad face as everybody kept walking out with a drink. wha??? oh sorry sir, here's a coupon for a free one because we totally forgot about you.
suck!

needless to say this week has been a challenge on many fronts. i literally just woke up from a 3 hour nap. now i'm going back to bed. i can't wait to run again this weekend. i want to go long but i hope i don't do anything too drastic. the weather here is muy bueno (mid 60's high temps).

in dating news, i wanted to go out with this one chick, so i told this other chick that i was pretty busy this weekend how about next weekend? but then the chick i wanted to go out with told me that she was pretty busy this weekend how about next weekend? crap. just one of those weeks.

9 Comments:

  • oh bummer! you need one of those Tide To Go pens (http://www.tide.com/tidetogo/;jsessionid=AZWCDLBQ2TTXHQFIAJ2KYEQ?_requestid=46763)

    At least you got a free latte today...that's a good thing, right?

    go ahead and try to squeeze the 2 dates into one night...it'll be a fun challenge for ya!

    By Blogger lainb, at 10:05 PM  

  • yeah, i hate when all my dates are busy and free on the same nights...oh wait, i actually don't know what that feels like at all! it sounds like a nice problem to have :) rock on.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:18 PM  

  • What is that chick thinking, saying she's busy this weekend?!!? Does she NOT know that you're a marathoner-super-hero-type?!?!? Yeesh. Tune her in.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:00 AM  

  • You should make dates with both of them for the same night, get them to the same restaurant but in different rooms, and then race back and forth between the two in hilarious Jack Tripper-style.

    That would be cool.

    By Blogger Lara, at 6:26 AM  

  • Well, duh, you're obviously giving off the super-hot marathoner vibe, which is why the chicks are circling. I think you'd better made a date quick for this weekend, so you can still hobble around a bit on your achy ankle and get some mileage, so to speak, out of the marathon aftermath. Girls will get starry-eyed about dating a guy with a conquering hero story AND who is still vulnerable enough to need some TLC. Dig it!

    By Blogger Megan, at 8:12 AM  

  • I dumped the last guy that told me he was too busy for me...lol. :-)

    By Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris, at 1:37 PM  

  • What a waste of coffee!!!! I hope the first girl doesn't read your blog....lol.

    By Blogger D, at 6:59 PM  

  • Sue 'em!!! For emotional distress and whatever else people sue for.... And give me 10% for coming up with the idea!

    By Blogger Rae, at 10:58 PM  

  • Welcome to my life ~ um, not the super foxy dating woes, but the super foxy shirt stains? Yeah. That's me. I can't be trusted to wear anything white, and everyone I know stocks those Shout wipes for when I'm around. My boobs are a spaghetti sauce magnet, pure and simple.

    By Blogger Mia Goddess, at 12:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home