Poignant Irrelevance

Saturday, October 08, 2005

bug

i've been thinking about possible slogans for my t-shirt next year, such as:

TCM #2,
Revenge at Summit Ave

or

Summit Ave
= My Everest

or some others. this is normal behavior right? stupid marathon bug.

i'm sitting here waiting for the Running Chicks to fill us in on how it went. maybe this entry will give us something to read while we wait? I hope susan was able to run too. and david (10k) and ali (but ali is tomorrow). i am also wondering how my bro's bro in-law (is there a better term for this?) and his gf are feeling, on the day before the big event. exciting!

in other news i don't want to eat pasta ever again. well, at least not for a very long time. just thinking about eating noodles is conjuring up the line from dodgeball: "uh, think i just threw up in my mouth a little bit". ha.

my main goal this winter is to cut weight. all winter long i'm going to be a dieting mofo. its going to be great. i lost around 13-15 pounds during the second half of training, so i can build on that. it is VERY easy to see the correlation between weight and performance while running. particularly at longer distances. the biggest way for me to improve my time and performance will be starting my training at a lower weight. i remember what it was like to run at a lighter weight....i can only imagine what it will be like to run a whole marathon at a lighter weight!

well that is all for now. i have a lot more to say, but i will sprinkle it in throughout the week. things like what types of new activities i'll be doing this winter.
---------------------------
i think my finishing photos are so funny. do i, or do i not look like someone who just ran as far as they possibly could run? heh. my sister has a little video of me crossing the finish line....as SOON as i cross the line i almost come to a complete stop. hehe.


and also, check out that tall skinny chick i beat! look at all those other skinny people i beat! yeah i will always revel in running faster than skinny people.

8 Comments:

  • Dude, you can look any way you want when you're crossing a 26.2 finish line!! Someday, if I ever cross one, I just hope to not be crawling. Bravo, again!!!

    By Blogger Lara, at 6:05 PM  

  • thanks lara!

    ha ha, marla :)

    By Blogger brent, at 7:19 PM  

  • New winter activities? Have you tried cross country skiing or snowshoeing? The trails in your town might be great for that. (Susan has her race report up!!)

    By Blogger April Anne, at 8:53 PM  

  • Soooo, are you saying that you will be running your marathon again next year, because that's pretty much what it sounded like to me. =) They always said I was the smart one.....

    By Blogger Rae, at 10:51 PM  

  • i am more impressed with the buff half undressed stud in the background! you beat one of those guys who look like they should be a nike catalogue model! woohoo!

    i think you look heaps spunky on the finish line by the way!

    i am thinking - no shirt - just tattoo "eat my dust" on your back for all those skinny chicks to read as you pass them!!!!!

    hehe!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:10 AM  

  • I saw one at this years race up here "Enjoy the view, its yours for the rest of the race".

    Heck if I ran behind you I'd not only enjoy the view, but finish faster...lol.

    By Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris, at 10:15 AM  

  • definitely sounds as though you're set on running next year's race, eh?

    By Blogger lainb, at 10:59 AM  

  • Brent ... the finish line is the finish line. You made it alllllll the way from the start line and that was one f-ing long way. Good job.

    By Blogger David, at 8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home