Poignant Irrelevance

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

miller time

Tonight I was pissed off at the world because I had to run in the dark, and it was a really nice day out.  its so depressing to see the beautiful day unfold before you and know that it won’t matter because by the time you get home it’ll be dark.  And so on and so on until next spring.  Oh well.  Then when I actually did arrive home,  I couldn’t find my headphones and thus promptly ripped my place apart in hopes they would appear.  Can’t run in the dark AND complete silence, would fall over with boredom.  

Finally I guessed (more like desperately guessed) that maybe they were in my car.  Yeah they were underneath the passenger seat.  Joy riding sucked them under?  

I was worried about my knee during the run but it was fine.  I did the research and its more like runners knee vs. ITB.  I’ll have to keep a close eye on it.  its been a little funky since the marathon.  we’ll see how it goes.  I only jogged 2.6 miles tonight and it seemed more like 8 or 9.  I was weak and hungry;  I held about a 10 minute pace but it felt slower.  How am I supposed to run longer during the week?  this winter will be challenging.

I’m still shunning reality--if I want to continue running for the next 4 or 5 months, I have to drive for 26 more minutes out of my day, and live on less sleep (like I get enough as it is).  and show up at the club for ‘mill time. Hey get it, it’s ‘Mill time?  Hey I should be in marketing.  Well anyway, I hate ‘miller time.  Err I mean, ‘mill time.  
-----------------
I just finished a nice shoulder workout.  About 10 sets total.  I feel better now but I am only slightly less cranky.  Last night I did another inclined chest work out.  I think tomorrow will be biceps.         
----------------
*zap* I got tagged!
Marla got me!  She is at http://somedayisnow.blogspot.com/
(not sure how links work in this word editor thingy)

The rules:1. Go to your 23rd post2. Find the 5th sentence3. Share it4. "tag" 5 people
  
My 5th sentence wasn’t really a sentence.  I wasn’t writing much back in june ’04.  
The 5th line reads:  “snack:  small skim latte”  the next (almost a) sentence reads, “19 min jog, pavement, slow pace, ok i guess. must...run...more.”  heh.  good times, good times.                                      

6 Comments:

  • how cool is that, that tag made you look at 12 months ago and comparing your running now to then - wow hey? Nuts!

    I am anxiously awaiting daylight savings too. I love long days to get stuff done in - i get so lethargic in winter.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:52 AM  

  • i hate winter- which is why I live in Houston. But it is still dark now by 7:30. Boo to that!

    I'm contemplating doing some winter weight training- I guess there is stuff I can do to make e a better runner?? Nothing too crazy- got any advice for a beginner?

    By Blogger Tiggs, at 12:17 PM  

  • Isn't there a treadmill near work or home that won't take 26 minutes to get to? I know you have a gym membership, but maybe there's a cheap place nearer that can offer a treadmill. Or, are there any used sports equipment stores in your area? Or maybe checking out the classifieds or craiglist might yeild a good 'mill at a reasonable price? A used treadmill might not be a bad investment.

    By Blogger Megan, at 1:00 PM  

  • Running alone at night sucks but with our Tuesday group run I enjoy it. The city lights looks so pretty at night.

    By Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris, at 2:06 PM  

  • I am about to go run right now and I know it will be dark before I'm done. I should have stopped working two hours ago and gone then, but DOLT, I work too much, too.

    I need to start weight training again. My roommates made me watch The Biggest Loser last night. I am now unfortunately hooked, but watching everyone on the show work out made me want to go to the gym and find a trainer who will kick my arse. I guess worse things have happened after watching a bad TV show, though...

    By Blogger Nic, at 8:03 PM  

  • I'm starting to feel like a mole - I walk in the morning in the dark and run in the evening in the dark. Ugh. I am starting to 'learn' to enjoy it but can't stand all the stupid minivans in surbubia that are too distracted to pay attention to the road.

    By Blogger Rae, at 6:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home