Poignant Irrelevance

Sunday, September 25, 2005

Blok-ing and Tackling

look what i found! some dude gave a little tour, labels the M map, and adds his commentary about what it'll be like. he doesn't go mile by mile, just hits the main points. neat. the good thing about so many runners being Type A, is being able to find so much documentation on the course. hehe.

speaking of which, i better go back to looking at my plan. last night i read the section in Marathoning for Mortals that talks about planning the race. he says that after 18 weeks of training it makes sense to take a few hours to make a game plan. ok if you insist! heh. he talks about an optimal plan, the most likely plan, and the i'm-having-a-horrible-day plan.

i couldn't sleep last night because now i need 3 plans! hee hee! i slept in today though. i promise after next week i'll go to church :)

well, back to my plan! and cleaning my apartment, and sipping on blue powerade to see what it tastes like (its nasty). i just bought all of my gu today (5 packs just in case, all moch mocha with caffeine), and i bought some cliff shot Bloks. i doubt i will use the Bloks, but i'll take them in case of emergency.

6 Comments:

  • Just think! This time next week it'll all be over with!! Hard to believe, huh? I think it's so weird they're giving the blue Powerade out, I thought everyone did yellow??

    Anyway, it sucks that you'll be tied down with clients while you're here but if you get a chance to break free look us up and we'll take you out for a pre-race celebration dinner! I know I NEVER get to do anything fun when I travel for business.

    By Blogger Rae, at 7:37 PM  

  • What a great pre-tour ... but it'll be even better to read your race report!!

    Have an awesome week!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:14 AM  

  • Plan A - Kick butt! Finish fast and flirt with all the hot chics

    Plan B - Finish standing and smiling.

    Plan C - Finish!

    There I saved you all the work...lol

    By Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris, at 8:36 AM  

  • Hey we're running the same marathon-This is my rookie outing as well. I'm planing to carry my own nutrition minus water because I want the stuff I am used to having on my training runs. Good luck in the race!

    By Blogger tri-mama, at 1:06 PM  

  • *pom pom*
    traveling for work is no fun
    for a marathoner who needs time to run
    but since the taper is this week
    hopefully blue poweraid won't leak
    and then the marathoning will be done!
    *pom pom*

    By Blogger HouseRunner, at 3:01 PM  

  • I think Dawn is onto something.

    You might find that blue Powerade tastes better midway through the race. Miles and miles have a way of making tastes less discerning (I have yet to describe GU to a civilian who hasn't cringed).

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home