Poignant Irrelevance

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

today, saw some guys i used to work with back in the day. i think the last time i saw them was pre m training. they made comments right away so that was nice. "dude you're lookin' healthy" and other said "you've been lifting, i can tell". guys don't say crap like that to each other EVER so i guess since they said it they really meant it. i haven't lifted for 3+ weeks but i think by cutting a little body fat % it gives the perception that i'm just a little bit bigger (i think). i do feel better lately though. i feel more healthy. i dream about doing intervals up and down the long hallway at work all day. i want to race.

today was 5 miles. nothing really happened. went 2 laps around the neighborhood. nice weather. i'm starting to miss summer already. have you heard that song by green day called 'wake me up when september ends'? good song. the other song i heard recently that was cool is Frankie J's version of 'more than words'. nicely done, and they finally added it to rhapsody.

hey i just looked at the schedule...tomorrow is only 8 miles. that sucks.

4 Comments:

  • I can't wait for summer to be over - it's too freaking hot in Gooberville. I haven't been on a walk since May, so I'm looking forward to cooler weather to get out of the house. Winter is my "outside" season, during summer I stay in with the air conditioning!
    But if it SNOWS, I will complain A LOT.

    By Blogger M@rla, at 5:34 AM  

  • "tomorrow is only 8 miles. that sucks."

    how much do i love the fact that you just said that!

    you make me proud! i think i'm getting a little teary eyed here!

    By Blogger Running Chick, at 10:33 AM  

  • heh, thanks D. it has been a fun ride so far!

    Marla--can't wait for summer to be over??? what??? i guess if it was hot all the time here i might be in the same boat. maybe. fall is good too.

    By Blogger brent, at 9:29 PM  

  • I love when people tell me I look so much better! (Then I think 'did I really look that bad? But I know I did). Doesn't it make you want to stay healthy for the rest of your life? I love it, and the weird thing is I can't stand nights when I don't get to exercise now.

    By Blogger Rae, at 9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home