Poignant Irrelevance

Saturday, September 17, 2005

i got the new ip0d earlier this week. this is my 1st time ever buying an apple product (i'm not a mac person).

i'm sure you have all seen pictures of this thing already; its hard to put into perspective how small it is. i stacked up 6 credit cards next to it, that is about how thick it is...and it holds 4GB! woah. that's about 1,000 songs...i don't know if i will ever fill it up!

-color screen,
-you can scroll the lyrics of the song playing across the screen,
-displays photos (i put 185 photos on it and i still have about 2 gig free (or ~500 more songs can be downloaded to it).
-i'm kind of afraid i'll lose it or drop it

i haven't actually listened to it yet. i'm sure it sounds good though. hehe.

LATER ON:
-sounds good. it passes my test. it gets plenty loud too.
-i listened to the same song on my old RIO mp3 player and then on the ipod.
-i tested it with my bose quiet comfort headphones (which are ridiculously awesome headphones btw. use these on a plane and you will hear nothing but sweet sounds of your music. i love 'em. use them anywhere and hear only the sweet sounds of your tunes. *ahhhhhh* oh wait, this was a review of an ipod.)
-just to clarify, this ipod uses flash memory so there are no moving parts = songs won't skip
-another clarification, i have about 460 songs on it right now + 185 photos. and still room for 500 more songs.
-sweet!
-apple's market share for mp3 players is >70%. they are putting companies out of busines left and right. for example Rio recently decided to give up. so did one other company but i can't remember the name of it.
-buyers remorse is still lingering but fading a little. it'll take a couple more days i think.
-i can't wait to try it while running
-go buy one. its wicked sweet.
-go buy those bose headphones. wicked sweet.





9 Comments:

  • Hella cool!! I was set on buying an ipod last Spring...I researched & researched & researched some more. I also did comparisons between the ipod and creative zen. But, I've yet to buy one because I'm worried about the earphone situation. I can't stand wearing ear buds because they don't stay in my ears. And when I used to run with my cd player, I'd have to replace my headphones every month because the metal plate/wires would start to have static and it drove me crazy.

    By Blogger lainb, at 12:54 PM  

  • Starbucks card? I know the coffee is expensive there but is it so bad now that you require a credit card?

    By Blogger David, at 1:27 PM  

  • Cool new "little" toy. But if you have a problem finding a 1000 songs I have 1800+ on my hard drive..lol and saddly My Mp3 only hold about 130.

    By Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris, at 3:10 PM  

  • I love it! I’m wondering...are you going to run with music during your marathon?

    By Blogger April Anne, at 7:09 PM  

  • Congratulations on your purchase! I know you're going to love it. We have a 2 full sized iPods (a 15gig and 30gig, which I run with), a tiny Samsung mp3 player and we'll probably get a Nano soon. I love my big iPod but the harddrive based ones aren't the best for running. Have you seen the armband for the Nano?

    When are you coming to TN? Shot me an email and we'll have to get together. Maybe have dinner or something.

    By Blogger brent d., at 8:18 AM  

  • Are you going to have anyone meeting you along the race course to hand you food/Gatorade/gells? I’m hoping my sister will be at mile 18 with things for me and I was thinking about having her bring my walkman—just in case. If I’m still running with Dianna I won’t need it, but if I’m by my self and feeling tired I think the music would be great. Although, I don’t want to “kill” the race day spirit—so, who know. :)

    By Blogger April Anne, at 9:10 AM  

  • buyer's remorse?!?!? How could you ever have remorse over something so freakin' cool?!?!? I LOVE the nano- it's awesome! Also, b/c its flash based you can drop it without worrying too much about the insides getting messed up. I have a 40G IPod with over 3000 (it holds 10k) songs and I run with a teeny tiny samsung yp, but I am going to upgrade to the Nano for running very soon. I held one and they are so awesome!
    I have the $tarbuck$ card too- its a reloadable card that you can set up a monthly budget on! Keeps my $tarbuck$ spending in check!! LOVE LOVE LOVE your nano! *ok, whew, I am really excited now! hehehehe....

    By Blogger Tiggs, at 1:34 PM  

  • I love love love love love love love love love my iPod!!!!! Can you organize your music into playlists? That's the best part for me. It really feeds my OCD nature. :) I hope you enjoy the new toy!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:07 PM  

  • My nano's on order (white, not black).

    But it's cool to see one alread "in the wild"...

    I've rocked a first generation 5 Gig iPod (actually bought an iBook with it because it was so cool); currently sport a fourth generation (click wheel/black and white) 40gig. For running, the limited song selection is not an issue, but there's something insanely cool for having every song you've ever bought riding in your pocket with the big one. So I really need both, dig?

    By Blogger Jank, at 11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home