Poignant Irrelevance

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Waiting...waiting...waiting

It has been more difficult to write here given my circumstances. I thought it might be easier because I'd have more to say?!

I'm finding it immensely more difficult to sit around and wait as time goes on. Last week was a busy week with meetings, one formal interview, and a lot of conversations with various contacts. All signs were pointing to another busy week, and I was really looking forward to it.

Here we are on Wednesday and it remains all Quiet on the Western Front. I open up my inbox and sit around for hours hoping something will pop up. If only this person or that person would get back to me, then I could turn my stress into hope.

Eventually, after a few days its back on my shoulders to be proactive and reach out to folks again (which becomes cumbersome and annoying). I can't meet with a new contact for lunch on Friday and then call them on Monday or Tuesday to check in....I have to let some time pass, you know?

I took one of my first big risks in this here journey this week. As a company sought to line up a second interview, I told them it wasn't a good fit for me. Its far too complicated to adequately explain here (and I choose not to reveal all of those details), but I know it was the right decision...I think...ask me in another month or two. That doesn't mean I didn't struggle picking up the phone to make the call ("Am I really doing this?" Hi thank you for attempting to give me a paycheck, but this isn't the right paycheck for me mmmmkay?).

Meanwhile...

I wait...

...a few more days until I pester people, again...

...

1 Comments:

  • I've been in the same situation, and it was hellishly difficult. I really really really need a job (a better-paying job anyway) but I just could not bring myself to take it. I just saw years of misery ahead, or months, however long until I could find another job. Which in this economy might be a long time.

    Usually I think it's stupid when people say "go with your gut instinct." I always think, "no, go with your carefully reasoned conscious decision based on facts." But sometimes, your brain is figuring out those facts and making evaluations without you realizing it, and that's why it doesn't "feel" right. So, go with your gut instinct :)

    By Blogger Marla, at 9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home