Poignant Irrelevance

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

i made an appointment for this friday morning to get a second opinion regarding my left foot. i conducted a bit more research this time around in selecting the podiatrist / foot doc. i managed to find a doc who is an experienced marathoner, has completed several triathlons, and one ironman. he was part of the medical staff for a 250k race. and so on and so forth. if this dude can't provide some insight for me, dare i say nobody can.

last week during a 3-day stretch, i worked until midnight, 1:30am, and 1:30am, respectively. then i worked over the weekend. i was pretty spent after that! i only worked out one day last week, and slept a lot over the weekend.

on monday night i cautiously ran 3 miles on the 'mill (it's still in the single digits outside here). i can't run without altering my form and favoring my right side. some pain while walking today. tonight i jogged another 3 on the treadmill and then climbed stairs for 20. i currently have an ice pack on my foot.

i think it might be getting better, but should it still hurt to walk around during the day? i am looking forward to the 2nd opinion on friday. as of january 23rd, i have been without a meaningful run for about 24 consecutive days.

i have been slowing incorporating more triathlete blogs into my weekly reads. this is mostly due to the fact that i read audrey's blog, and she also references other various tri blogs from time to time. however i also enjoy the enthusiasm and hardcore nature these athletes bring to the table!

this brings us to one of the reason's i'm actually forming this blog entry. one triathlete, who's name unfortunately escapes me, recently recommended the V-Tach mix over at podrunner (also on i-tunes).

YES. I CONCUR.

download it, transfer it, tie shoes, head to the street, press play, burn rubber. i admit that enjoying mixes (of this style) can be akin to forming an acquired taste, but this one really did go down smooth. good work "djsteveboy". i download a mix here and there but sometimes it's hard to find a new mix that i dig.

the other reason for the entry is a new calorie counting site that may be of interest:
http://www.thedailyplate.com/. if you are sick of fitday and want to change it up, give it a shot.

catch you on the flip side of friday.

2 Comments:

  • Good luck with your appointment Friday, I hope he can get you fixed right up.

    By Blogger M@rla, at 6:04 AM  

  • Hi!

    I want to share that when I started triathlon I went kicking and screaming announcing to all that cared (and those who didn't) that it was only b/c I was an injured runner and this was only a temporary activity to take the edge off of the cross-training bitterness.

    Then I healed, got hurt AGAIN, said screw it, and bought a wetsuit and bike. I was all in.

    And now I love it.

    It was not a gentle transformation. :)

    So read up, and when/if you're ready...it will be there for you :)

    Your foot thing is :( Keep us posted. I wonder what has kept you out this long.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home