Poignant Irrelevance

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

fresh legs and new running gadget

having fresh legs is both good and bad, eh?
good: smokin' fast (its all relative) and fancy free running!
bad: having fresh legs generally means i haven't been following any particular training schedule, and probably haven't been logging enough miles.

i bought the garmin forerunner 305! i ordered it from amazon.com and it arrived last weekend. i finally tested it out last night. it is sweet!

last night i ran one full lap around the lake and then stopped it so i could compare the distance with my nike +. then i ran a bit more around the lake before turning around; total miles: about 4.3 for the night.....







































check out the # of times it 'tracked' my location during my first 23 minute run around the lake: 331! cool. no more calibrating a stupid foot pod. awesome.

i haven't logged a ton of miles this week. it is/was my busiest week of the quarter. next week i'll be travelling for a couple days, then i hope to get back to somewhat more of a regular schedule.
i did lift weights 2 times last week and i was so incredibly sore, it was nuts. i even took motrin. i hope to lift 2 more times this week and then i'll hit that hard again next week.

here's how the candle thing turned out, and here's the rug downstairs (white). the holes in the wall by the candle thing were there from the previous owners; thought maybe this giant thing would cover them up but it didn't work out like that. ps, don't you think the basement needs a flat screen and a shiny new entertainment center?

haven't been able to get back to everyone's comments yet, i apologize.



5 Comments:

  • check out this software. you can upload the garmin data to it. (i like it because you can edit the data as necessary.)

    By Blogger Danny, at 9:44 PM  

  • OMG a new gadget! You are such a GUY.

    By Blogger M@rla, at 7:56 AM  

  • Very nice! I am very embarassed that I'm a married woman who has lived in my house for nearly 5 years and you, a bachelor, have decorated your house more than I have in just a few months.

    I stink! I think I need to get myself to Pottery Barn...but first I need to run this marathon.

    By Blogger Helen, at 8:49 AM  

  • Guess what? My sister just sent me info about a $50 Garmin 305 rebate from Powerbar! That brings the cost down to about the same as a 205 so I think I'm going to get one. Here's a link to the rebate coupon. If you still have the box maybe you can take advantage of this offer if you didn't already.

    http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/erwincomputers/rebategarmin305edgerunner113007.pdf

    By Blogger Helen, at 12:21 PM  

  • I love my Garmin (most of the time!) Occasionally on beautiful days it can't find the satellite???!!!

    For the previous holes just get a tiny little thing of putty from HD and swipe it over it. Touch up with paint and you'll never even know!

    By Blogger Rae, at 7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home