Poignant Irrelevance

Thursday, February 09, 2006

wanna see the card i got?
heh.
---------------------------------------------
i got the gift tonight too. i feel stupid telling you what it is, maybe i'll keep it a secret! i will give it to her first at least. the reason i'm ahead of the game is because we are going out on saturday night for dinner to "celebrate" vday instead of tuesday, and we are also hanging out on friday night (tomorrow as i write this). so basically i had to be ready by tonight. on tuesday we will get together too but it will be late and more casual--she is finishing up her masters degree and i might have to work late. she is going to cook me a little dinner and then we are going to watch a movie. i bet we both fall asleep during the movie though, heh.

i won't lie, i'm exhausted right now so i might go to bed early instead of lifting. but i might try to sneak a few sets in first. later dudes, have a great weekend everybody.

8 Comments:

  • What a sweet card Brent!

    By Blogger D, at 8:37 PM  

  • Simple and sweet while reminding her of your boyish charm -- perfect choice!

    I like the idea of framing your marathon poster. Show it to us when you're done.

    By Blogger Megan, at 9:54 PM  

  • Very nice. Thanks for sharing a little of all this with us Brent. I love seeing it all unfold. Hope you have a nice night out.

    By Blogger Lara, at 5:02 AM  

  • wow... my boyfriend is a terrible car picker outer, i got a garfield card last year.

    this one is adorable

    By Blogger HouseRunner, at 8:30 AM  

  • first valentine's days are so important because they set the precedent! Can't wait to see what the pressie is!

    hugs

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:18 PM  

  • I can't wait to hear what the present is. I like the card too, it's perfect. It looks like a card where you thought about it and picked one that actually meant something, not just going through the racks and saying "this one has a lot of blue flowers on it, I know she likes blue."

    My husband is one of those who picks out funny cards. Sigh. Well, what can I say, one of the reasons I love him so much is how funny he is.

    By Blogger M@rla, at 9:39 AM  

  • Love the card. Although after reading your first sentence about the card you "got," I thought you meant "received," and then you know, I'm wondering why a girl would be giving you that card with the boy on the front ... (I know, I think entirely too much.)

    That is a perfect card. Really! You're so lucky to have a v-day date--and so is she!

    By Blogger jeanne, at 3:25 PM  

  • very cute card! good job for being so on-the-ball!

    By Blogger lainb, at 11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home