Poignant Irrelevance

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

i just got back from the gym. i ran 4 miles on the 'mill again; yes! not super fast or anything but hey, 4 miles. i feel better now. have to keep going consistently though.

i have this thing where i look at all of my recent failures and then it spirals down, down, down, to the point where i don't even work out for weeks at a time. then it feeds itself and down, down, down we go.

but i came to grips with myself the other day; forget about all that stuff and succeed just today. can't change yesterday or the last couple of months, but you can focus on today. i think i forget this mantra and re-remember it 4- or 5-hundred times a year. oh well!

this weekend or next weekend i plan on getting my marathon poster framed. can you believe i've had it rolled up in a canister since october 2? i think now is the time to frame that bad boy.

today i went on a date, but not with my gf. i took my mom to a movie! it was her bday on monday. we celebrated this past weekend but i thought it would be fun to take her out to see a flick. we saw narnia, it was good. not great but good. we had a nice time though.

on the way home from the movie i wanted to call my girl so bad, but i left my cell at home. my mom said i could use her cell phone but i couldn't even remember the gf's numbers! i usually call from my cell and it has her numbers all programmed in so i never dial the numbers. heh. i had to wait until i made it home.

i'm still short on sleep. hopefully on friday night i can get in some extra zzz to catch up.

i think i know what i'm going to get her for v-day. i have a few decent ideas anyway (i think, who knows). i'll let you know how it goes.

3 Comments:

  • The spiral's a killer - absolutely hate it.

    Glad to hear you're breaking out.

    By Blogger Jank, at 8:23 AM  

  • Brent,
    Maybe this will set the mood?
    http://www.greatbigstuff.com/panties.html
    (or maybe not...)

    By Blogger Scooter, at 11:35 AM  

  • I've been missing runs lately... it's too cold, it looks like it might rain, I'm pressed for time, etc... and yet when I do force myself to get out there and do it, I instantly remember how much I love fitting a three mile run into my day. I wish I could hold onto that feeling to maintain my motivation, but it's a struggle.

    Good job getting a jump on St. Hallmark's Day.
    [smirk]

    By Blogger ida, at 9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home