Poignant Irrelevance

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

pass the bag of Jumbo Red Twists Please.

i feel kind of fat today! ha ha. last couple days actually. i have been holding it together so well but this weekend after i realized i was down some more pounds i fricken pigged out! woops! i have been eating sort of crappy ever since. dang. my face is more puffy. i feel kind of slow and ploddy.

what a shame, last week i felt lighter! oh well its just a part of the process. i'll get it back.

not this week though, during this high(est) mileage week i'm not concentrating on losing weight, i just want to focus on the runs and eat more if i'm hungry. maybe less candy though? heh. stupid mike n' ikes and stupid jumbo red twists!!!! total breakdown on the healthy eating going on over here. i'll be able to get this stinkin' weight off eventually though. i am so determined this time.

but not this week, and i'm trying not to care even though i feel so fricken puffy.

for my 10 miles today i just wanted to run at whatever pace my body would go. if it was slower, fine. if faster, fine. but secretly i knew it wouldn't be faster because i was carrying around jumbo red twists and mike n ikes in my gut.

i wore my new shoes but after the run, they are still white enough to glow in the dark. i ran on the dirt path and everything. how'd they get so dirty before? hmmm.

here are the splits. ps i can't stop thinking about the upcoming run on saturday.

9:59
9:56
9:35
9:55
9:36
9:43
9:10 (oops, got kind of excited near one of my favorite stretches to run)
10:22
10:41
10:16
9:06 for extra 0.4 of a mile to get back to my car.

6 Comments:

  • Wow. You felt fat and puffy and you ran those splits??!?! I couldn't run that fast if a lion was chasing me!! Great run! Good luck this weekend! You are doing awesome!

    By Blogger jeanne, at 10:35 PM  

  • Way to go! The big one is coming!!! Watch out!!!

    By Blogger :), at 8:32 AM  

  • LOL B- that is one the benefits of running so many miles each week. Run to EAT!!! When I was into my 14 plus mile long run weeks I ate anything and everything I wanted!

    By Blogger Tiggs, at 10:28 AM  

  • it's so cool to watch your progress!! go brent go!

    By Blogger Running Chick, at 10:46 AM  

  • Oh I love those red twists. When we live next door to each other in that neighborhood, we will watch football games on your giant screen tv and eat red twists by the bagful.

    By Blogger M@rla, at 11:31 AM  

  • Hey there. I wanted to wish you good luck with your 20 miller tomorrow!! For what it’s worth–the running chicks will be sending you positive thoughts from Connecticut. Have Fun!

    By Blogger April Anne, at 10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home