Poignant Irrelevance

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Yesterday morning: 18.93 miles in 2:43:23 (8:38). First half at 8:43, last half in 8:32. My splits were fairly consistent around 8:40 pace, excluding mile 12 where I got a little excited (7:53). My average heart rate was 140, but as the air warmed, it continued to climb steadily throughout the run.















The temperature was about 20 degrees warmer vs. last week, and I think that was the major factor that impacted the rest of my Saturday. I was pretty worn out and felt like I was moving at a slower speed for the rest of the day. My legs were a little sore and stiff as well. I took a nap in the late afternoon but it didn't seem to revive me much. It was like old times! This used to be my status quo every weekend during marathon training. Although, I used to feel wiped out on Sundays too.

Today I feel a lot better though. I probably won't be able to get any more long runs in for a few weeks, more on that later. ciao!

1 Comments:

  • I put your painting in the mail MOnday (the 8th). Let me know if it doesn't show up soon.

    By Blogger Marla, at 10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home