Poignant Irrelevance

Thursday, June 04, 2009

Part II

Where'd we leave off?

Mondays are my absolute worst days. I didn't even realize it at first, but then it dawned on me that by late Monday afternoons, I'm really feeling sorry for myself. That's not usually my gig. Generally I'm active, positive, hopeful, and keeping myself busy.

When you are "forced" to crawl out of bed on Monday mornings to go work for 'the man', well lets face it, you get grumpy and dream about being in total control of your Mondays.

After a period of time, I began to view every Monday as the start to another week where millions of people are out there being a productive member of society. They are accomplishing goals, acquiring new skills, polishing talents, pressing the flesh, contributing to the growth engines of their respective companies.

On Monday's I get out of bed fairly early, between 6:30am and 7am. I read all of the news regarding the markets (6 or 7 main sites). I turn on cnbc and digest economic news and other happenings. The economic data as of late is what I would characterize as "less worse" (which is essentially of no help, "only 500,000 people were laid off last month, things are getting better", oh yay).

I check other news sites. I review my contact lists. I look for job postings that don't exist. I drink diet coke, coffee, and eat clif bars. I mope.

I usually get out for a run, but it is hard for me to get out the door on a Monday. I don't like to be out and about in public on Monday because then I feel like a schmuck.

1 Comments:

  • If you put on pants, you're ahead of where I was while out of work.

    By Blogger Jank, at 5:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home