Poignant Irrelevance

Thursday, February 28, 2008

more snow


















i took this shot right after getting home from work--we had about 1" of fresh snow tonight.

this made for some uneven footing on my run but i think my foot held up ok. given the uneven footing, i took the opportunity to focus on keeping my HR in the 130's without worrying about my pacing.

it took me 1:02 to run 6 miles but my avg HR was 135. i even slowed up on the small hills to keep my HR lower. i felt great after the run.

usually when it snows, its a bit warmer outside. that was definitely the case tonight, as the temps were in the mid-20's vs. the low 20's on tuesday night.

when i finished the run i ate a frozen meal. by then it was about 9pm or so. i'm not a fan of eating so late but man i was hungry. i ended up also eating a clif bar, and a 160 cal bowl of oatmeal.

57 days left to train for the GIG.

1 Comments:

  • Man, I can't imagine all the snow you get!! I've only seen a foot of (real) snow a time or two in my life.

    By Blogger Rae, at 3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home