Poignant Irrelevance

Monday, February 25, 2008

ha ha your comments were entertaining. i somehow managed to stay on my skates in the last clip, much to your disappointment i'm sure! hehe.

i forget that some of you don't have the same winter that we have here. this weekend the temps hit the low- to mid-30's and it was a celebration. i saw people wearing shorts, running around the lake. tons of people were out going for walks and just meandering around outside because the weather was so 'nice'!!

overall this winter has been brutal from a mental aspect. long stretches of frigid weather just makes everybody cranky and moody. well, maybe just me, hehe. hopefully we have the worst behind us.

work is still busy. my vacation is near the end of march and some days i feel like i won't make it. but i see the light at the end of the tunnel! frankly, just today i had a meeting get thrown on the calendar right smack dab in the middle of my planned vacation week. lets just say that made me really cranky. i think i have recovered now though. stupid crappy meeting, what a pile of poo on a wednesday! :)

running has been very inconsistent but i am so thankful that (it would appear) my foot is better now! woo! hoo!

my heart rate seems like it has crept up on easy runs which sucks, just another data point that tells me i have fallen out of shape. i will say that tonight following my run, my heart rate went from about 137 to 105 in about one minute 30 seconds. i guess i don't know what that says now that i think about it.

quite an exciting event is occurring here soon! thats right, i'm about to throw down some coin for a fancy tv! i am thinking about this one right here. i've been doing research for quite a while. the decision between LCD and plasma is a little tricky. plasma seems to be the best performer for the money, but i worry a little about the glare factor. regardless, i'm most likely going with that one highlighted. i'm sick of researching it too, heh. and i don't want to hear anyone say, oh you can't tell the difference between 720p and 1080p with a 42" tv, i don't care! the picture on that 42" gets great reviews. so there.

3 Comments:

  • I don't know about LCD vs. plasma, but I know I've been pleased with every Panasonic appliance I've had.

    By Blogger M@rla, at 4:15 PM  

  • Plasma TV's are a huge energy drain. I forget how many killowatts, but you might want to check that out with the way energy prices are going.

    We love our LCD.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:17 PM  

  • You're so funny, my hubby is the same way when we buy stuff. He also does a ton of research but we always end up with great products so I can't complain!!!

    By Blogger Rae, at 3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home