Poignant Irrelevance

Monday, August 06, 2007

one of the quirks i have is that i'm overly cautious about food that *might* be spoiled, or even close to it. if i can't remember when i purchased that mustard in the fridge, its a goner! everybody tells me that condiments last a real long time, but how do you know for sure huh? if i see a weird looking spot on a piece of fruit, there's no way i'm going to eat it. hehe!

over the weekend i broke down and forked over $5 for this really healthy loaf of bread. it comes frozen; when you are ready to eat a slice or two, you pop it in the toaster. its really good stuff. well you guessed it, when i opened the loaf of bread to make an awesome sandwich with all of my new ingredients, there were green moldy spots all over the bread!!!! this kind of crap only happens to me i tell ya. CRAP!! i'm already paranoid about moldy food man! of course i no longer have my receipt. $5 POOF, out the door for nothing.

well my foot isn't quite as bad as i had feared so far, hopefully it'll keep hanging in there. i ran 15 (or little more?) over the weekend in 2:25. it seemed to go pretty well although i had to keep stopping for a drink toward the last half of the run, dang i was real thirsty. must not have hydrated in enough in the days leading up to it.

tonight was 8 "easy". i drove over to the harriet (instead of running over, to save some pounding on my sore foot), and ran 3 laps. about 8.25 miles in 1:18. it was a leisurely run that started poorly but ended ok. average HR 137.

i bought a new HR monitor strap over the weekend. my resting HR this morning was 43 - 45. thats about in line with where it has been during my higher mileage training months i guess.

3 Comments:

  • I'm confused...the bread was frozen and STILL grew mold?

    I usually eat most of my food/condiments before I have to worry about expiration dates, but my Mother has stuff that is years expired and it's quite scary! Surprisingly, I've never been food poisoned at her house though. I don’t think she actually USES the expired stuff, it’s more that she just can’t bring herself to throw it away. It doesn’t make a lot of sense to me though.

    By Blogger lainb, at 12:15 PM  

  • Gaaah! I hate moldy bread. I don't think mustard CAN expire, though. It's like cockroaches, it'll be here after the nuclear holocaust.

    Recently I poured milk on my cereal without smelling it first, and on the first spoonful I thought "that's funny, the cereal tastes like fish!" Ecchhhh.

    I used to have some plantar fasciitis problems before I became active; I could hardly walk in the morning. When I started exercising regularly it disappeared. Obviously you're exercising regularly, so that's not the solution for you. I hope it clears up!

    By Blogger M@rla, at 6:27 AM  

  • I envy your low resting HR. Mine is around 60. :-(

    I don't know much about Plantar Fasciitis, but ignoring it won't make it better. Have you had your foot checked?

    By Blogger Dori, at 9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home