Poignant Irrelevance

Saturday, September 16, 2006

stress

t-minus 14 days.......and counting.....

i had to travel a little last week so that had me a bit stressed. nothing like being on the road within 2 weeks of the race. this upcoming week i have to travel wed through friday. as of right now there is nothing on the calendar for the week of the marathon so that is what i'm trying to grasp on to at the moment.

being on the road generally means i can't totally control what i eat (aka my choices are limited). well maybe that came out wrong. i can control what i eat, but i can't eat when i want to, and i can't eat exactly on plan because i can't bring everything with me.

i ran once on the road, at altitude, for about an hour on the treadmill. i missed a 4 (or whas it 5?) miler on thursday but thats ok i guess. this weekend is a nice 2 hour run / 12 miles, so that will be one last chance to feel out the knee after last weeks monster run.

in all honesty, it has been bothering me a bit since then, but i'm hoping its partly a psychological thing.

also true to this point in the training schedule, i feel like if i don't make a conscious effort to take care of myself and get plenty of rest, a could catch a cold. i brought zinc with me while i was out of town. being in the airplane, hotels, different weather climates, stress of meetings and schedules, combined with my highest running week ever (43 miles).....AHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

but i'm trying to hold it all together. my only real concern is the knee.

ok i gotta go know, more later!

3 Comments:

  • Don't stress out!

    Wasn't that helpful advice?

    By Blogger M@rla, at 8:00 AM  

  • I hope your knee heals soon.

    You might like this product. http://www.airbornehealth.com/
    It taste nasty, but if it keeps me healthy (esp. as a teacher)---it's worth it!

    Take care *Brent.

    By Blogger April Anne, at 10:54 AM  

  • smooth and strong and what are you made of? I love it. If that can't get u through nothing will.

    Good luck matey!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home