Poignant Irrelevance

Monday, January 16, 2006

will brent, or won't brent....

get it in gear?

i was able to resurface a bit this weekend after my big 99 hour 8-day stretch at work!

why don't i start off with a oh well.. i know thats not a great story but anyway. bleah, i just can't believe the odds.

ok, moving on.

why don't i start off with showing you my running calendar.

..

do you see anything missing? like maybe, running? i'm not proud of it. but there it is. the green swoosh from the 4th-12th represents the 99 hours of fun. i will work hard to fill up the rest of january and then february, and so on.

here is my run from sunday afternoon. she walked around the lake while i ran. i felt out of shape. i went a little too fast because i knew she was watching. heh. my heart rate was too high for the pace = not in shape.

tonight i will lift some weights. chest sounds good.

today i have a crap load of laundry to do, a little bit of work (technically it is a day off), and i also need to wash my car.

i just read through everbody's blogs and now i'm all caught up. whew, i had around 200 posts to read. woah. that is all for now dudes.

12 Comments:

  • Hee hee...that sounds like something that would have happened to me... :)

    Don't worry about it. Your parents (and everyone else's too) did the same things once upon a time...

    By Blogger :), at 10:18 AM  

  • Glad you survived that crazy week! And I'm still chuckling about the "morning after" meeting :-) You're gonna get teased for that!

    By Blogger Sarah, at 11:07 AM  

  • Catching up on blogs is hard. I think when I am busy everyone else should stop blogging so I am not behind...

    Brent!!! Get it in gear!!!!!!!!!!!! :) You know you have it in you. I am glad to hear you are running again and that you were both working out together. For me, not working out b/c I had work (job work, not schoolwork) always used to put me over the edge and make me so mad. I only kept my peace with my employer by making time to run!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:21 AM  

  • Hahaha. Maybe they didn't notice.

    I didn't run once between the months of Nov-Dec. Pretty bad. I ran 3 miles last week, it feels good to get back on track. Don't let it slip away too far. Trust me. I know.

    By Blogger Syd, at 11:28 AM  

  • I think it's cute that you're working out together, very couple-y! :-)

    By Blogger Denise, at 11:31 AM  

  • and my little brother accidently told my parents that my college bf used to comment/complain about my restless leg syndrome at night...that was a fun dinner.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:37 AM  

  • Cute story. Seems its going great. Glad to hear.

    By Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris, at 1:15 PM  

  • Perhaps if they hadn't just returned from *church*...yeesh!

    By Blogger Mia Goddess, at 1:17 PM  

  • Oh, god. I feel your embarrasment. Heh, how funny that you sped up just because you thought she was watching. I totally never do that when others are running with me. Never.

    I sure hope you got a huge honkin' bonus for your 99 hours. Good lord.

    By Blogger Megan, at 6:41 PM  

  • oh geez...that story sends chills down my spine!! I guess I'm lucky in that I've never had to worry about running into family at a not-so-opportune time (there's one good thing about living 2,500 miles away).

    By Blogger lainb, at 8:17 PM  

  • Oh no!! That's just Murphy's law. You should get her into running! Hopefully your work schedule can slow down now and you can get back into the running habit.

    By Blogger Rae, at 9:08 PM  

  • I giggled at this ... it happens to everyone at some point. Laugh and exit, I say. :)

    Glad to hear you're running ... and my bet is that she is too by summertime. Oh ... does She/Her get a nickname or initial or something? :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home