Poignant Irrelevance

Sunday, January 01, 2006

whew! more later.

i have some more non-fitness related goals. they include:
-being more organized (i have specifics but i won't bore you with those)
-placing dollar bills in my wallet instead of crumpling them up in my pocket
-trying to cook something a couple times a month

thanks for the feedback on the running for weight loss topic. i'm still pondering it. i think it was rae that mentioned dieting for 6 months and then follow that up with training for the (insert TBD race here) for the next 6 months, something like that. danny had good feedback too. and everybdoy else. thanks! i think i may settle on that (diet then train) but i'm still contemplating my finalized strategy.

someone else mentioned screw running for a while and concentrate on dieting, something to that effect. i can't do that! running is too much a part of me. i've been running for 10 years (never long like this year though)-- i feel cranky when i don't run, i feel like crap. so its a matter of either running shorter distances (3-5 miles at a time) versus building up mileage and still squeezing in a 10 mile run here and there. we'll see! i'll let you know what i decide to do.

later dudes!

4 Comments:

  • Sounds like a nice NYE - good for you! (I really like your resolution regarding dollar bills and might just "borrow" that one for my personal list, too.)

    By Blogger Denise, at 10:41 PM  

  • I'm with you on that last paragraph if getting skinny meant I had to quit running, I would chose being fat! scratch that, I'm cuddly, not fat. :-)

    Happy New Year.

    By Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris, at 12:03 AM  

  • Good luck with the dieting goals but don't be too hard on yourself. There's much more to be said about being able to run (and for doing it for 10 years) than being able to fit in a size 4. GRRR, I don't know guys jean sizes, but you know what I'm getting at! Happy New Year!

    By Blogger Nic, at 12:21 AM  

  • I think ppl rip on NY goals because most of the people who set them won't remember them a month from now, which is never true of runners! We're so goal oriented it's insane.

    I think one reason I lost more weight when I only ran 3-4 miles 3-4 times per week was because I had more time to cross train then, than now when I'm trying to log 45 miles a week +. All my cross training has gone to the wayside and I can tell that in my flexibility and some of my muscle tone.

    Have a great new Year!! Are u ever going to tell us her name/initial?

    By Blogger Rae, at 8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home