Poignant Irrelevance

Saturday, November 19, 2005

gear update--i think i broke a record?

whats up dudes!

i think i broke a record today. i went to get some running gear, finally. my race tomorrow was the perfect motivation to force me into buying gear.

i had my basket so full of stuff. it was insane. i just wanted to get out of there so i kept throwing things in my basket. i guess i need one of these, one of those, oh yeah maybe one of those, i take that but i'll never wear it in public, oh a hat, some gloves, one of those, oh that shirt is cool,

and so on!!
-----------------------
here is my bag, its like a whole garbage bag full of stuff! nuts. i showed it to my sister and she laughed and laughed and laughed. hehe!

--------------------------

---------------------------
here are the goods, spread out all over the floor. i will have to take some of this stuff back i think. my favorite thing is the under armour wicking hoodie. who knew they could make a wicking hoodie?? that might be a staple for my saturday long runs. i still have to try it on though. i also bought one or two technical shirts that an 8 year old couldn't even fit into and they are SIZE LARGE. what is up with that???? if i keep them, i will obviously only wear them underneath other shirts. my biggest problem is all of the pants are too long. i don't know what the solution is to that yet; i will figure something out though.

we will take a survey. everybody guess as to how much i spent on gear today. i don't think everything can even fit in the picture. wow i got so carried away hehehe!! it was kind of embarrassing to wait for the cashier to ring everything up-- it sure sucked to be the people in line behind me, ha ha.

now i gotta go see about a girl, as the saying goes. later dudes.

8 Comments:

  • Oh I still can't stop laughing!! I'd participate in the "Guess the Total" contest, but I don't want to spoil it for the rest of the bunch as I already know!

    Hey I liked the pics from your previous post. I even saw one of my buildings in one of them! Good stuff.

    Good luck in your first-ever "Turkey Trot" tomorrow!! You'll cruise through it in no time now that you have all that fancy winter running gear!!! :-)

    Have fun tonight too.

    hmmm..I have a weird "Word Verification"; hopefully I'll figure it out and this will post successfully!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:05 PM  

  • that is unbelievable!!!!! There is no backing out now-you HAVE to keep running!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:48 PM  

  • I recently got an underarmor shirt, and I needed to go up a size. I still felt like the 5 lb sausage in the 4 lb skin.

    As far as the pants being too long - GROW!

    My guess on the $$$ spent $260-

    By Blogger Scooter, at 6:00 PM  

  • I love a contest! I'll guess $299. Looks like some cool stuff!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:14 PM  

  • I love under armour. One of the few items that i haven't tried yet is that wicking hoodie.

    Nice gear tho' :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:18 PM  

  • A fortune if you bought it in Canada! Any tights?

    By Blogger Linda, at 11:35 AM  

  • Uhuh, you want the price US$ or Canadian...lol? Great job on shopping. Now we need pics of you wearing the stuff. You could do like a blog fashion show for running gear. :-)

    By Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris, at 1:00 PM  

  • My guess is $287. Who wins? The closest without going over like Price is Right? I don't wear the UnderArmour compression shirt thingies because they are just TOO tight and I would die if I ended up being an XXXL. You can see every rib in those things and although it's obviously a good thing you CAN see my ribs I'm just not up to sharing that with the world!

    By Blogger Rae, at 9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home