Poignant Irrelevance

Monday, November 21, 2005

30 minutes. It took me 30 minutes to find my hat tonight. this is the new hat I wore yesterday for the first time. I had cleaned my apartment yesterday, so this search and rescue was most frustrating. I think we had already established the fact that I am not the best finder, and not the best organizer. Oh well. Turns out it was under a piece of paper on my computer desk. Why would I put it there??????????

that lead to a shorter run than previously planned (because I wanted to get back to watch the football game).

I ran for what ended up being another 5k—3.226 miles in 28:58, with fairly even splits around the mean of ~9:00. fine I guess. My left calf is a little tight from the race even though I stretched it nice and good.

I am getting over my “fear” of running in the cold weather. Hey we all have silly little things to get over, right? Once you have your winter gear on, I would compare it to running with shorts/t-shirt on during a brisk fall day = a little chilly in the beginning but then you warm up.

I did feel like a bit of a goof ball though, I mean if you just step back and ask yourself what kind of person would run outside when it is 30-40 degrees out? someone a little nutty about running I guess. I am not that comfortable wearing the i-am-a-nutty-winter-runner label on my back quite yet but I’m sure I’ll get over it. I am most excited that I will be able to run around the lakes on Saturdays during a snowfall!! Woohoo! That’ll be awesome. Would be nice to have a running partner though. would all the cute girls please sign-up here (please include your phone number) and meet me at the lakes every Saturday morning for a run ok? ha ha.


7 Comments:

  • I remember when that happened ... that really broke my heart. Nice to hear that he was a nice, fan-oriented guy.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:11 AM  

  • a lot of talk about him after what happened to Jiri Fischer last night. scary...

    By Blogger Danny, at 7:47 AM  

  • wow, that's really moving. I'd have been bawling over the place. I'm glad you got to meet him.

    By Blogger Megan, at 8:13 AM  

  • I think it's awesome that you got mushy at the game...guys that aren't afraid to show that they care totally ROCK!

    By Blogger Denise, at 2:59 PM  

  • i said i almost cried, i didn't actually cry. no tears were shed. heh.

    By Blogger brent, at 5:01 PM  

  • wow...got me choked up, b.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 7:00 PM  

  • I know I'd have had a lump in my throat at that tribute game. Kid's got guts to go out there and do that too. Must have been a great guy, indeed.

    By Blogger David, at 6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home