Poignant Irrelevance

Sunday, August 28, 2005

reflection; hr stuff

yo. tonight i updated my weekly spreadsheet with the mileage. i just have to laugh at this spreadsheet-- its kind of amazing how the miles add up when you are following a schedule.

i ran at least 277 miles in 13 weeks. no way! (it should be noted that i'm about 25 miles short--i lost most of the miles when i was dealing with the severe shin pains in weeks 5 and 6).

how the time has flown. wasn't i just starting to train for this a couple of weeks ago? didn't i just try my first gu shot recently? didn't i just find The Lakes to run around instead of my neighborhood? now i'm 4 days away from entering the month of september? thats nuts!

i've been looking back at all of my previous runs tonight so i'm getting all reflective.

here are a couple of my favorites:

february 12th, 2005: ran 5.7 miles. my notes: "almost puked. didn't eat right?"

february 19th, 2005: ran 7.0 miles. my notes: "treadmill. 1st 5 miles in 56:30. 11 minute miles. felt like puking for about 4 miles."

april 13th, 2005: 5.0 miles in 54 minutes. my notes: "my shins and calves really hurt the whole time. not a very satisfying run."

back track to april 2nd, 2005: first time in my life running 10 consecutive miles. i want to show a graph for this one. now this looks confusing but really its not, hear me out. what we have here is the graph from my 10 mile run on 4/2/05, on top of my 18 mile run from saturday of this week. ignore the splits. ignore the blue/purple lines except to note that my pace was at least as fast on saturday's run and even a little faster from miles 7-10. see the dark red line on top, at the beginning of the run? that is my heart rate from 4/2/05 (it ends at 10 miles). the pinkish line below it is my heart rate from today. are you seeing that big gap like i am? follow me? sweeeet!!!


..