Poignant Irrelevance

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Exhibit A

i picked up 7 different socks tonight before my run and still, no match. i need help! who wants to be my sock matcher? hey maybe that could be my new pick-up line. Intelligent, hot, funny, slightly disorganized guy Seeking: Cute girl-next-door Sock Matcher. ha ha. something tells me that won't work at all though.
i took this in black and white so maybe you wouldn't notice a few of the socks need wash. you can't tell, can you? :-) see my brilliant (so i thought) plan was that i couldn't wash any socks unless i first matched them up. because otherwise i would end up washing all 7 of these socks and then i'd pull them out of the dryer and i'd be thinking HUH??? how'd that happen? what the?? oh well. new plan: throw out all 7 socks and start over.
---------------------

8 Comments:

  • stupid spam!

    By Blogger brent, at 9:56 PM  

  • okay, this is going to sound lame, but here goes. i number my running socks. i put roman numeral numbers on them so that they get matched up. that way, they're getting equal wear and tear and i don't end up with a bunch that are worn out and one or two that are near new.

    i also number my shoes. i have so many pairs of the same model that i have to keep them numbered in order to correctly track the miles on each pair.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 7:56 AM  

  • hmmm ... I believe it could be a sign to buy all new socks. Maybe you should wash all your socks together, count them before and after to eliminate suspects like the washer and dryer!

    By Blogger Ali, at 9:57 AM  

  • haha!! I'm laughing at Jeff's response...but it truly is a brilliant system he has!

    By Blogger lainb, at 6:38 PM  

  • Only 7, that's good. I have a small basket of mis-matched socks...lol.

    By Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris, at 7:36 PM  

  • No, no, no. The true answer is that you need a dog. Dogs love socks and they'll gladly take your mismatched ones and play with them.

    Besides, what's more fun, buying new socks or buying a puppy?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:20 PM  

  • I've always used a safety pin to keep my socks together in the wash. It was also a way to distinguish between my brother's and dad's socks because we'd pin them in different spots. It made sorting laundry A LOT easier. Now I'm the only male in the house and I still do it out of habit.

    By Blogger Chad, at 8:13 AM  

  • You're not allowed rambling posts- only I am :) Good luck on your runs this weekend

    By Blogger KJ, at 10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home