Poignant Irrelevance

Monday, February 02, 2009

why can i reach inside to pull out the dedication to train and run a marathon, but then i struggle with my diet? i find that somewhat confusing. its tough for me though. i also get frustrated with the fact that i workout so much every week and then small mistakes in my diet can prevent me from making progress. most guys i know can get away with having wings or pizza once in a while without any impact. not me, i pay. bleah.
---------
i played racquetball by myself for about 45 minutes tonight, average HR was low 140s. its a good stress reliever, but i get bored as well. climbing stairs is pretty boring too though.

following racquetball, i sat in the sauna for about 17 minutes. its about 200 degrees in there. my heart rate went up 20 beats/minute and i was sitting as still as a mouse. interesting eh?

2 Comments:

  • Diet kills me, too. I think because it's un-acted discomfort to be hungry, whereas the pain of training is something that you know is self-inflicted.

    Put another way, we've been adapted to go into the red to chase down the antelope, but our "gut reaction" is to pile more food into our gullets when it's available, as there's no guarantee that tomorrow's hunt wll catch us some food.

    By Blogger Jank, at 10:13 PM  

  • I wonder the same thing, as I sit here just having eaten half a bag of tortilla chips and salsa.

    By Blogger Shawn, at 4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home