Poignant Irrelevance

Saturday, July 26, 2008

10k pr on a flat course

ran i 10k race this morning:
46:30 (7:29)
sweet. my goal was to try to run 7:30's.
my garmin says i ran 6.31 mi (7:22).
this was a very flat course and the weather was pretty nice: in the high 60's, probably 68 or so.

7:22, 7:24, 7:32, 7:23, 7:22, 7:15, 6:58 (0.31).

my april PR on a much tougher course was: 47:09. i think i pushed it much harder in the april race, but i am ok with this i gues...i AM in the middle of marathon training eh? in the 7 days leading up to this race i was at about 50 miles.

tomorrow i am supposed to run 20 but i'm busy (church, cake tasting!, dinner with future in-laws) so i'm not sure as to my exact plan yet. i need about 3 hours so its going to be tricky. i might get up at 5am but i really don't want to.

my sister snapped this w/her cell phone. course was roughly two 3-mile laps and i think this is after the first lap? thought it interesting in that it looks like i'm landing almost flat w/my right foot. i used to be a hardcore heel striker. not sure what this means but its interesting to me. maybe i'm becoming a more efficient runner? who knows.

4 Comments:

  • hey!!! congrats on the solid pr!! fun times! :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:31 PM  

  • I've been MIA for a while so I'm behind and I think I missed a post about your getting engaged!? So if that's the case, congrats!

    By Blogger lainb, at 5:40 PM  

  • Congrats on the new PR!

    By Blogger mg, at 6:29 PM  

  • Congrats on the PR!!! That's a great time!!

    Cake tasting is the BEST!!!

    By Blogger Rae, at 8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home